Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Cunning Plan for when to Order my MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for stealing Baldrick's (from the Black Adder comedy series) line, but, anyway:

My wife and I will order our MY end of Nov or early Dec. I want to miss the crazy end of quarter rush which seems endemic to the turning out of Tesla autos. OK, I know it's an assumption that the build quality goes a bit sideways toward the end of each quarter, and I may be wildly off base (and not for the first time in my life, might I add...) but I think this a prudent, if not cunning, plan, and more likely to get us a relatively clean version of the MY.

Just a thought,

Rich

• Funny
Reactions: kevin1
Wishful thinking and most likely you'll find out it's an absolute lottery whenever you decide to roll the dice.
I originally visited Tesla looking for a model X. Had it for a whole weekend and was absolutely horrified by the panel gaps, fit and finish. And that's 5 years since X launched!!!

Reactions: InternetDude
Yeah sorry (on behalf of Tesla).... the gap on this Model X was so big it counted towards cargo volume!
20200110_220714.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
Sorry for stealing Baldrick's (from the Black Adder comedy series) line, but, anyway:

My wife and I will order our MY end of Nov or early Dec. I want to miss the crazy end of quarter rush which seems endemic to the turning out of Tesla autos. OK, I know it's an assumption that the build quality goes a bit sideways toward the end of each quarter, and I may be wildly off base (and not for the first time in my life, might I add...) but I think this a prudent, if not cunning, plan, and more likely to get us a relatively clean version of the MY.

Just a thought,

Rich
Sorry for subject change - but how's the charging network on the Cape (Supercharger or otherwise...)?

Sorry for subject change - but how's the charging network on the Cape (Supercharger or otherwise...)?

Damn good! Either on the Cape, or immediately off Cape Cod proper, there are five SuperChargers. Plus ten destination chargers around the area. Three of the Cape SCs went up just during the six months I've been away from MA! And there are plenty all around the state.

Rich

cXX11yi.jpg

Last edited: