Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering canceling my order. Rekindle the Tesla fire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.... the buckles were buried (rather than some cars where they can be pulled up a bit) so hard for a child to reach between the car seats to plug in.
I added some buckles extensions, because the right rear passenger were always using the middle buckle, giving me a warning.
But you need to be carefull getting the correct ones for the back seat, which are different from the front seat buckles.

See my previous posting:

Have a bit of dilemma. Been planning on getting a Tesla for a few years after my current car dies. With the series of price hikes last year, got spooked and placed the order for a 7seater MYLR in July. Had a far fetched idea that 4680 battery would push range over 400 miles and make up for the cost/lack of luxury finishes. Currently says delivery in “Dec 2022” though no actual VIN yet. My current car drives fine but is 10ys old, 150k miles and guessing will have expensive repairs in upcoming years. Calculate will save about $3-4k annual saving charging over gas.

But over the last year have watched the car lose feature after feature. Beyond the chronic panel gaps/finish issues which don’t surprise anyone anymore. Now USS, LIDAR, exclusive supercharger access, even passenger lumbar support. With each loss of feature, seem to cone with several weeks of angst by customers, followed by gradual “acceptance” that the feature removal is “for their own good”. Test drove the car and was hard to ignore the plastics/amorphous seats/etc. lacked some “luxury” features my 14 year old acura has.

Realize this forum has a select group of like-minded people with similar perspective. But must not be the only person who is frustrated that this isn’t the amazing car they envisioned.

What am I missing?
You didn't miss much. There are definite downside of buying a Tesla. We're "upgrading" one of our cars (2016 Lexus RX350 fully loaded) to a Model Y LR. There are definitely a lot of creature comfort that we will be without as we move on with the MY but there are also benefits of owning a Tesla.

You will need to compare the pros/cons and see which you can live with. This is coming from someone that is debating if it was worth it, lol. We sill have the Lexus since the MY, although delivered back on the 11/3, is still with the shop a month later getting some parts painted...

You didn't miss much. There are definite downside of buying a Tesla. We're "upgrading" one of our cars (2016 Lexus RX350 fully loaded) to a Model Y LR. There are definitely a lot of creature comfort that we will be without as we move on with the MY but there are also benefits of owning a Tesla.

You will need to compare the pros/cons and see which you can live with. This is coming from someone that is debating if it was worth it, lol. We sill have the Lexus since the MY, although delivered back on the 11/3, is still with the shop a month later getting some parts painted...
We're also replacing a 2016 RX350 (loaded, F-Sport) with a MYLR. It'll be my wife's car and she is simply tired of stopping for gas all the time as well as all the oil changes, etc. There are certainly some creature comforts that she is going to miss but I think the Y will be a better all around car for her purpose. She has a 100+ mile commute.

We're also replacing a 2016 RX350 (loaded, F-Sport) with a MYLR. It'll be my wife's car and she is simply tired of stopping for gas all the time as well as all the oil changes, etc. There are certainly some creature comforts that she is going to miss but I think the Y will be a better all around car for her purpose. She has a 100+ mile commute.

100+ mile daily commute could be tricky unless she has the ability to charge wherever she is commuting to. Supercharging all the time could be detrimental.

There are definitely a lot of creature comfort that we will be without as we move on with the MY but there are also benefits of owning a Tesla.
There are certainly some creature comforts that she is going to miss
I am curious what creature comforts the MY lacks relative to your two Lexi... The only thing I miss on my MYLR is cooled seats. Otherwise, it seems to have just about every creature comfort I can think of or would expect in a premium vehicle. (It is lacking a number of technical features that I wish it had, but I do not put those in the creature comfort category.)

Ah nice. It was funny when we received the car and had to go through the checklist. My wife looked at her Lexus to compare build quality and it's night and day, lol. The motivation was the gas, she drives a lot during the day to do a bunch of stuff and she was averaging 17mpg. We just got a wall charger installed in the garage yesterday and once we get the Y back, it'll be a game changer.

Reactions: tyler_k1
I am curious what creature comforts the MY lacks relative to your two Lexi... The only thing I miss on my MYLR is cooled seats. Otherwise, it seems to have just about every creature comfort I can think of or would expect in a premium vehicle. (It is lacking a number of technical features that I wish it had, but I do not put those in the creature comfort category.)
The 2016 RX350 we got is pretty loaded tho so might not apply to the base Lexus but I'll give it a go:
  • 360 camera + parking sensors
  • Panorama roof cover (It was built in)
  • Passenger privacy/sun shade (It was built in)
  • HUD
  • Triple beam headlights that rotates when turning
  • Leather and wood on steering wheel felt better and refined
  • Leather on seats felt better and more luxurious
  • More seat settings for both driver and passenger
I still think the MY is a $30Kish car wrapped in an additional $30K+ software and battery. Whereas ICE cars are usually close to what they MSRP for in terms of quality (before you go up to the crazy exotics).

100+ mile daily commute could be tricky unless she has the ability to charge wherever she is commuting to. Supercharging all the time could be detrimental.
It's around 100 miles round trip. At a conservative 2.5 miles per kilowatt, this should use no more than 50-55% of the battery (someone please correct me if I am wrong). I believe her work does have chargers but I didn't think they would be needed.

Reactions: Yelobird
Ah nice. It was funny when we received the car and had to go through the checklist. My wife looked at her Lexus to compare build quality and it's night and day, lol. The motivation was the gas, she drives a lot during the day to do a bunch of stuff and she was averaging 17mpg. We just got a wall charger installed in the garage yesterday and once we get the Y back, it'll be a game changer.
The RX is certainly not very efficient, especially around town. I also still don't like the transmission ECU tuning, it upshifts so fast and seems to always be hunting for a gear. That said, we will miss ours, it's been a great car.

The 2016 RX350 we got is pretty loaded tho so might not apply to the base Lexus but I'll give it a go:
  • 360 camera + parking sensors
  • Panorama roof cover (It was built in)
  • Passenger privacy/sun shade (It was built in)
  • HUD
  • Triple beam headlights that rotates when turning
  • Leather and wood on steering wheel felt better and refined
  • Leather on seats felt better and more luxurious
  • More seat settings for both driver and passenger
I still think the MY is a $30Kish car wrapped in an additional $30K+ software and battery. Whereas ICE cars are usually close to what they MSRP for in terms of quality (before you go up to the crazy exotics).
We're really going to miss the 360 camera and cooled seats!

I have a 22 RX350 and have about a week left to decide before I take delivery of my new 2023 MY long range. I am in the process of sending the rest of the outstanding docs to Adelphi for funding and one other credit union. I know I would not have those creature comforts but I am okay with that. I just worry about reliability with the Tesla as there are so many issues that happen as I am reading. It is a really fun car to drive and I love the tech but will have to figure out how to do without apple car play and I believe I can use Sirius XM via bluetooth. Now not to say that Lexus does not have any, all brands do, it is just that you do not see as many on other boards.

I have a 22 RX350 and have about a week left to decide before I take delivery of my new 2023 MY long range. I am in the process of sending the rest of the outstanding docs to Adelphi for funding and one other credit union. I know I would not have those creature comforts but I am okay with that. I just worry about reliability with the Tesla as there are so many issues that happen as I am reading. It is a really fun car to drive and I love the tech but will have to figure out how to do without apple car play and I believe I can use Sirius XM via bluetooth. Now not to say that Lexus does not have any, all brands do, it is just that you do not see as many on other boards.
Oh wow, that's even newer. Why are you planning on replacing it with a 23MY? The 22 RX350 have a lot of stuff going for it.

Oh wow, that's even newer. Why are you planning on replacing it with a 23MY? The 22 RX350 have a lot of stuff going for
It is a very boring SUV, not fun to drive and slow plus it is too big for me. The seat is not comfortable for me. My butt gets numb after driving it for over 45 minutes. I wanted something reliable where I do not have to worry about breaking down but now I just found out that maintenance on this baby is every 6 months/5k miles which costs between $250-700 each service. The German company I came from was once a year.