Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My estimated delivery date disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The delay in “chips” has hit a 17 week turnaround and is still climbing from order to buyer delivery. I’d expect everything to be about 3-4-5 months late for orders.
We ordered and F150 recently and it’s a 3 month wait for that even where they pop out and sell one every minute.

Apparently he got a Model Y loaner after all of this.

Attachments

• UFC_Fighter.jpg
    UFC_Fighter.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 90
My estimated delivery date also disappeared (for the second time). My order was placed on 4/23, and the estimated delivery is always a 3 week window with start date bounces around late May to early June.

Given the recent hiccups with the Tesla order details page, I guess it might be just yet another website issue than "work being done on the order".

I think I've finally figured it out. It's like a slot machine with dates. So every time the site goes sideways (errors, dashes for dates, missing car, or currently just a blank page), it's Tesla pulling the lever. Once the spinning stops, we all get new dates. I think I can get into this. I actually went to pull the plug by getting a Mach-e, but the chip shortage has those out 4 months.

My brain hurts.

I think I've finally figured it out. It's like a slot machine with dates. So every time the site goes sideways (errors, dashes for dates, missing car, or currently just a blank page), it's Tesla pulling the lever. Once the spinning stops, we all get new dates. I think I can get into this. I actually went to pull the plug by getting a Mach-e, but the chip shortage has those out 4 months.

My brain hurts.
I guess it's more like Tesla is accumulating more and more anxious buyers who haven't got the delivery, so all the buyers like us are refreshing the pages and effectively create a huge load on Tesla's websites. This probably also explains why I usually got better luck loading the pages in the evening.

My wife wanted to look at other options but I convinced her to not jump boat by asking her to inquire a Toyota dealer about RAV4 Prime ("easily a year's wait", said the Toyota sales).

I ordered April 28th and had tentative dates of May 28 - June 27. On May 14th my date disappeared and hasn't come back yet.
Same here. Mine just went from a range to it now saying "8-12 weeks from order date. I ordered mine on April 10th and still have no vin yet. I have heard that when it switches to this or no date then its getting close to delivery but I do not know how true that is.

It's happening again. They must be spinning the wheel on who get's VIN's next and who's dates are going to slip out further. The car is once again missing from my Tesla account page. I still don't understand why they have a date range listed, when there's no real accuracy to it. Or maybe there was some accuracy until the chip shortage hit, now it's chaos.

Been lurking on this thread to see everyone's situation with dates. Chiming in for comparison - ordered last Wednesday (5/19). Had a delivery range of 6/4 - 6/28 on my order page a few days later. This lasted about a day or two, and now I'm back at 4-11 weeks from order date instead of an actual date range.

The people in the store told us last Thursday that we'd probably get a VIN in about 2 weeks for a late June delivery.

Reactions: suprax
My account used to have a Model Y date range. Then it stopped showing a date. As of today, the order details page won’t even load! Not a good sign. :(

Never thought I’d wait 3 months to get a car delivered…
Boulder.dude : There is hope. I placed my order 4/25 MY AWD LR, white 5 seater, black interior, 19” wheels, no FSD. Dates disappeared as well about a week ago and just gave me the standard “7-10 weeks from order date”. Site started acting up 2-4 days ago. Out of the blue, I received a text saying car was ready for delivery. Received this text before even getting a VIN. Live in Parker, CO and picking up in Littleton on 5/28. I’m putting down more than normal I suspect, so wondering if that has something to do with it? Good luck!! Lots of people in this forum who ordered around mid to late April getting VINs today.

Reactions: boulder.dude