Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first interaction with Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...ker-for-over-a-year-now-I-am-an-owner-as-well

The link above is my post in the introduction section last week. Such great responses on that post has made me to decide to share with you all what I wrote on FaceBook Saturday when I had my first interaction with Tesla Service. Here is what I posted verbatim:

Service. It's a dying value in this world of Wal Mart and fast food.

I recently made a used car purchase and now own my electric beautiful dream car. A Tesla Model S. I didn't purchase the car from Tesla. Tesla hasn't directly made any money off me, per se.

Yesterday, I emailed Tesla Service and explained that I'd like to schedule a service appointment because one of the wheels on the car was bent when I bought it. I also had concerns about the sunroof. It made a pop sound when I opened it to show a friend.

They called me today and asked me if next Tuesday would be fine. I said, I'd really like to schedule the service for Jan. 19th because that's a holiday and I wouldn't have to take off work to drive to St. Louis. They said, You don't have to drive it to us. We'll drive a transport truck to you and drop off a loaner Tesla Model S and load your car up and bring it to the service center. Then we'll bring your car back to you later that day or the next day. Also, everything you've mentioned is covered under warranty. There will be no charge.

Speechless. Not only this this company making electric vehicles a reality for coast to coast travel, they have baffling customer service. I couldn't be happier with my purchase decision.

End of post to Facebook.

Surprisingly my feed didn't get full of skepticism posts from friends and acquaintances. Comments were positive. Customer Service in my eyes is a dying trait for companies. Maybe other company heads will take notice not only of Tesla quality, but also Customer Satisfaction.

I'm proud to be a part of the Tesla Family!

A few months back, I bought a used Model S through Tesla. The seller was in another state and wanted an upgraded model -- she was trading a fairly base level and I couldn't pass up the deal. In the time since, I've had 3 loaners. The first was a LOADED performance version that cost more than twice what I paid. The second was a 60 with several thousand miles on it, and the third was an almost new 60 that was otherwise fully loaded. I had that for 4 weeks while they performed body work (fixing the clear coat and removing a dent in the trunk) on mine.

As a second owner, I never expected to be treated like the folks who pay the hundred grand (or more) for brand new models, but they don't care. We're Tesla owners, and (in my experience) they treat all Tesla owners like kings. I'm absolutely amazed and impressed with the Tesla service centers. There are probably hundreds of posts in the forums with examples of incredible customer service.

You're driving a Tesla. Get used to being spoiled. :biggrin:

As a second owner, I never expected to be treated like the folks who pay the hundred grand (or more) for brand new models, but they don't care. We're Tesla owners, and (in my experience) they treat all Tesla owners like kings. I'm absolutely amazed and impressed with the Tesla service centers. There are probably hundreds of posts in the forums with examples of incredible customer service.

You're driving a Tesla. Get used to being spoiled. :biggrin:

It's fairly amazing, isn't it? But, I've already begun planning my 2nd Tesla purchase! It'll be a few years down the road, but I would imagine I'll be trading in my wife's beautiful orange BMW X1 at some point in time!

I'm the happy owner of a "fleet" car. I just brought the car in for tire rotation and a intermitant buzzing sound from the cross piece that splits the pano roof. I had the same reservations, I had bought a car at a significant discount how would they treat me? Well they were very curtious took down my concerns and sent me off in a lowner, We'll talk today. Great service great company.

I've only had my car 3 weeks, so I've not really had any major interaction with Service yet. The limited interaction thus far has been very nice though compared to standard service expectations from any other company.

I got an email last week that my center console had arrived at the service center, so I called them to setup an appointment. I wanted to do a weekend for ease, they had time on Saturday the 17th. I was informed it'd only take an hour to two to install. I wasn't sure what my Saturday would look like so I was mulling over morning or afternoon and she offered "Why don't you just bring it by at 9am, we'll give you a loaner for the day. Just swing by before we close for the day when it's convenient for you".

Compared to other Tesla stories, that's not earth-shattering... but compared to "standard" service from other companies, it's very nice that they so easily offered up a loaner to work around my schedule.

I also had some questions for her regarding parts (dark wheel caps) that she wasn't able to immediately address over the phone but she told me she'd handle it so I wouldn't need to follow-up with another call. Within a few minutes she had forwarded my request via email to the parts department, the guy from parts had replied with a price quote and told me he'd have the parts ready for me on Saturday.

Very nice to see them act so proactively.