Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First Tesla... My First Day (Photo)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I thought was very strange today, was when I went tout to setup the app on my phone with the car... I turned on my climate control to the max while playing with the app.

I went back into the house... I came out an hour later and could see the car looked frosty, and was surprised to see that the air con was still on full speed.

I would have thought all of the car would have turned the door was closed or at the very least when the phone lost the connection with the car.

Do you have the option set to lock the doors when you walk away? ( when your phone walks away )

Somebody beat me to it, but "nice stable" OP!

I think everyone covered all the other stuff you asked... but for point 7, some things I would tell you to look at in the manual...

1. How to set the doors to auto lock when you exit (since you asked about that).
2. The different settings related to regenerative braking (I for one do NOT have it set so that it is basically "1 pedal driving". I dont want to re wire my brain that much compared to gas cars, because my wife still has a BMW X3 that I have to drive sometimes.
3. setting up the "phone as key" and also pairing your phone as a bluetooth device for receiving calls and playing music (two separate things)
4. checking out the different steering settings and finding chill mode (so you can turn it on when / if a family member drives the car if they are not used to driving EVs.
(note, looks like you have porsche vehicles so you are used to fast cars, but an EV is different, especially in the low end. Even people used to driving fast may get surprised at how fast your model 3p can "get up and go".
5. look at the door handles in the car for the emergency release, and realize that almost everyone you give a ride to is going to want to pull THAT instead of pushing the little button that actually opens the door properly.
(note: the emergency release states it can damage the trim in the manual I believe. Unless its changed I dont think it lowers the window down when you use it, so be careful if you try it... and people WILL want to pul that handle)

Those likely get you started, and I am betting that you will really enjoy it.

EDIT: check to see if the floor mats are in the trunk or in the front trunk (frunk we call it).

As to number 5.), it definitely does lower the window when you pull the handle. I get the impression this change was made in a software update, and I can tell you that this change was made prior to delivery of my Model 3 in May, 2019. I’ve not read of a single person damaging trim by pulling the handle. These days I imagine the only way you’d damage the trim is if the 12V battery died in the car and you were actually forced to use the handle.

As to number 5.), it definitely does lower the window when you pull the handle. I get the impression this change was made in a software update, and I can tell you that this change was made prior to delivery of my Model 3 in May, 2019. I’ve not read of a single person damaging trim by pulling the handle. These days I imagine the only way you’d damage the trim is if the 12V battery died in the car and you were actually forced to use the handle.

Makes sense... I remember when I picked up mine in dec of 2018 it was stressed to not use the emergency handle, and I swear I remember some passenger or other of mine pulling it (because it looks like a regular exit handle) and hearing a crunching noise and the window not rolling down partway. I definitely could be mis remembering it, but its also more likely they patched it out.

Yay software updates on cars! :)