Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My friend got his reservation cancelled for not choosing his delivery location in time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend had a Model Y reservation since September and had his reservation cancelled because he didn't update the delivery location by a specific date. Do you think he can get it back if he calls the delivery center or is he out of luck?

My friend had a Model Y reservation since September and had his reservation cancelled because he didn't update the delivery location by a specific date. Do you think he can get it back if he calls the delivery center or is he out of luck?
He got unassigned from his VIN or his order actually got cancelled? If it's the latter, he's 99.99% SOL.

So he received a VIN but ignored it and then they eventually gave switch his car to a different order? Did his order get cancelled completely or does he just need to complete is profile and will get another VIN?

Reactions: stock1232
So he received a VIN but ignored it and then they eventually gave switch his car to a different order? Did his order get cancelled completely or does he just need to complete is profile and will get another VIN?
He never had VIN since he never even selected a delivery center. He told me it's not showing up on his account anymore. He ignored a email saying to update delivery center by Dec 2nd.

He never had VIN since he never even selected a delivery center. He told me it's not showing up on his account anymore. He ignored a email saying to update delivery center by Dec 2nd.

Why did your friend ignore the delivery email? I think we can guess, they figured they would ignore it hoping that they would be able to take delivery after the 1st of the year. If the order was canceled, there is virtually zero chance they can get it back *at the old price*.

Why did your friend ignore the delivery email? I think we can guess, they figured they would ignore it hoping that they would be able to take delivery after the 1st of the year. If the order was canceled, there is virtually zero chance they can get it back *at the old price*.
well, on the flip side, we now have confirmation those "respond by __ Dec" emails are not a bluff from Tesla.

He actually wanted to delay delivery to March/April which I told him was probably impossible.

This thread actually belongs inside the existing discussion on this exact topic (cancelation emails).

I am not a moderator for this subforum, and dont feel strongly enough about it to report it to suggest it to a mod for this subforum, but its obviously on the same discussion.

Maybe call in but a LOT of people are stalling for Tax credit, waiting on existing car title for trade in, or trying to get financing…. In any case and for whatever the reason for stalling is — Tesla is really cracking down on this. People who are doing this intentally are causing a lot of problems for everyone. So either stay in line, take delivery, or get out of line and get back in when you can.

If it was an honest communication error, I’m willing to bet Tesla will work with him to get a car. But if it wasn’t a communication error and he just ignored it - That’s kinda on him.

I think if he put his 100.00 down, his order is locked at the price at the time. When they called me for delivery they said I could delay it and I'd get another option to take delivery in "two weeks or so", and the price would be the same.

Reactions: stock1232
Tesla canceled my order Model Y. Very upset you cannot fathom. i order with deposit on July 2021. Tesla sent email
Dec. 2021 car is ready soon. HOWEVER SALES FORCE AND ONLINE AGENT WERE WELL AWARE OUR FAMILY SPENDS WINTER IN Morocco and will not be back home in USA until April or May. 2021
Informed them this is for grand daughter who is graduating from Medicial school this is her gift from grandpa and grand mother put out anywhere in back with saved auto or we wait for another
They refused cancel everything
Need help 78 years old not sure what to do?

Tesla canceled my order Model Y. Very upset you cannot fathom. i order with deposit on July 2021. Tesla sent email
Dec. 2021 car is ready soon. HOWEVER SALES FORCE AND ONLINE AGENT WERE WELL AWARE OUR FAMILY SPENDS WINTER IN Morocco and will not be back home in USA until April or May. 2021
Informed them this is for grand daughter who is graduating from Medicial school this is her gift from grandpa and grand mother put out anywhere in back with saved auto or we wait for another
They refused cancel everything
Have to place a new order. Once it’s canceled, i haven’t heard of anyone ever getting order back.

I suggest showing your displeasure with your wallet and purchasing another brand vehicle. The only choices you have are to place an order at the new price, buy someone elses reservation (which I would not suggest in the slightest), buy a used one from somewhere, or buy a different vehicle.

If I was upset about something like this, I would simply go buy a different companies vehicle.