Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My interaction from CarShield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've been exploring some extended warranty options. Thought I'd give CarShield a try.

My goal: get some kind of assurance that if the battery dies then I'm not out 20k. Nothing else. Anything else I can fix myself.

Of course there's no way to get an automatic quote. I have to wait for them to call me. Fine. Whatever.

They call me the next day and get all the details. They offer me a plan that starts at I think $179 a month. Everytime I hesitate for a few minutes he kept coming up with weird excuses to drop the price by $10 or $20 at a time. The sort of excuses you'd hear from a car salesman.

Eventually he gets down to $139. Then it turns out he didn't realize I had an S and not a 3. So we're back up to $229. But he eventually drops it to $179.

It's month by month so I agree. He starts rattling off the terms quickly. Almost squeezes a critical piece of information past me, this warranty only covers the first 6k of a battery replacement. At this point I lectured him on the actual costs of a replacement battery and ended the transaction.

Tldr;
CarShield offers a $179(eventually) a month warranty which only covers the first 6k of a battery replacement.

Reactions: RaymondNoodles
Xcare does cover HV battery. Here's what's posted on there FAQ page.

Does XCare Cover the High Voltage Battery and Drive Unit?

Yes! There are certain eligibility parameters to have Battery & Drive unit as part of your coverage. If your vehicle is within 7 years of age, and under 100,000 miles when purchasing XCare, then your vehicle should be covered. Simply input your vehicle details at the top of this page, and on the next page it will state whether or not your vehicle is eligible for Battery & Drive Unit coverage.
If your vehicle does not qualify for Battery & Drive unit coverage, you can still purchase XCare which will cover mostly everything else outside of Battery & Drive unit.
If you purchased XCare prior to 7/10/2023, your coverage does not include Battery & Drive Unit. If you would like to add Battery & Drive Unit, please reach out to our team at [email protected].

Xcare does cover HV battery. Here's what's posted on there FAQ page.

Does XCare Cover the High Voltage Battery and Drive Unit?

Yes! There are certain eligibility parameters to have Battery & Drive unit as part of your coverage. If your vehicle is within 7 years of age, and under 100,000 miles when purchasing XCare, then your vehicle should be covered. Simply input your vehicle details at the top of this page, and on the next page it will state whether or not your vehicle is eligible for Battery & Drive Unit coverage.
If your vehicle does not qualify for Battery & Drive unit coverage, you can still purchase XCare which will cover mostly everything else outside of Battery & Drive unit.
If you purchased XCare prior to 7/10/2023, your coverage does not include Battery & Drive Unit. If you would like to add Battery & Drive Unit, please reach out to our team at [email protected].
Thanks @BCCA for highlighting this for the community! Feel free to reach out if any of Y'all need more info!

-XCare Team