Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Journey of getting my first Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i never thought i would have a tesla, at least not for another 5 year, just because ive been driving ICE cars since i was 16 and that is all i know. Then on thanksgiving day in 2018 im at my sister in law's just sitting on the couch watching tv with my family. when my sister in law's sister in law just get's to the house and i hear people talking about how she just got her brand new red model 3. instantly i go outside to check it out! after the amazement how beautiful it looks, i ask her if i can take it for a test drive. she says of course! so me and my 2 kids(one is there 20s, one in there mid teens) go for a ride, my wife isn't a car person so she declines. LOL i drive it around the house on the street, flooring it once or twice, AMAZED at the SPEED! then we take it on the freeway really quick, just to see how it handles. WHICH IT HANDLES AMAZINGLY! so we get back from our test drive and ever since then ive been wanting to get myself a model 3, i was HOOKED. my daughter who is in her 20s, says the car is amazing but has too much tech for her(meaning everything is displayed on the 15" screen), even though i know it's not to much tech for her, im a computer guy in my household unfortunately but i know its not too much tech for her, she would easily get used to it really fast. LONG story short, just over a year later after my 1st test drive, i will be a proud owner of my 1st tesla a model 3, which later today i am picking her up. CAN'T WAIT!

Congratulations.

Your next journey/ obsession: let me park my car far away from others, how do I get this thing shiny all the time, what other gadgets I can get to decorate this thing, when am I getting new updates, I need to go to the store even though I don’t need anything, ....enjoy!

Reactions: msabetta
i never thought i would have a tesla, at least not for another 5 year, just because ive been driving ICE cars since i was 16 and that is all i know. Then on thanksgiving day in 2018 im at my sister in law's just sitting on the couch watching tv with my family. when my sister in law's sister in law just get's to the house and i hear people talking about how she just got her brand new red model 3. instantly i go outside to check it out! after the amazement how beautiful it looks, i ask her if i can take it for a test drive. she says of course! so me and my 2 kids(one is there 20s, one in there mid teens) go for a ride, my wife isn't a car person so she declines. LOL i drive it around the house on the street, flooring it once or twice, AMAZED at the SPEED! then we take it on the freeway really quick, just to see how it handles. WHICH IT HANDLES AMAZINGLY! so we get back from our test drive and ever since then ive been wanting to get myself a model 3, i was HOOKED. my daughter who is in her 20s, says the car is amazing but has too much tech for her(meaning everything is displayed on the 15" screen), even though i know it's not to much tech for her, im a computer guy in my household unfortunately but i know its not too much tech for her, she would easily get used to it really fast. LONG story short, just over a year later after my 1st test drive, i will be a proud owner of my 1st tesla a model 3, which later today i am picking her up. CAN'T WAIT!
Congrats! Welcome to the club!

I hope you enjoy yours, as much as I’ve enjoyed mine!

Also..I think you might be out of eggs, and milk, and maybe you need something from the hardware store? All separate trips of course, because you “forgot” while you were out.