Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Leasplan M3 Has Disappeared from my Tesla Account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone who's account is showing NO miles (but you know you have/had free miles) tried a supercharger? Is it still free or are you now charged?

The reason I ask is, I have 20,000 free miles to use, I have an email from Tesla confirming this. But my account (app and website) still shows nothing (no figure at all). My closet supercharger is a 120 mile round trip now, but I want to see if I will be charged or not.

If anyone else in the same boat has tried charging, what was the outcome (if the miles were no where to be seen in your lootbox)?

Has anyone who's account is showing NO miles (but you know you have/had free miles) tried a supercharger? Is it still free or are you now charged?

The reason I ask is, I have 20,000 free miles to use, I have an email from Tesla confirming this. But my account (app and website) still shows nothing (no figure at all). My closet supercharger is a 120 mile round trip now, but I want to see if I will be charged or not.

If anyone else in the same boat has tried charging, what was the outcome (if the miles were no where to be seen in your lootbox)?

Same boat, but less miles.

Fine to charge as long as they haven’t expired, hopefully they’ll fix it at some point.

I emailed Tesla to confirm a while back.

Reactions: name-required
Same boat, but less miles.

Fine to charge as long as they haven’t expired, hopefully they’ll fix it at some point.

I emailed Tesla to confirm a while back.
Hi Dave, I appreciate the quick reply.

So since your miles disappeared, you have still been able to use the free miles? If so, that's exactly what I needed to hear.

I've emailed Tesla 5/6 times, they confirm I have miles on my account, but won't answer my question about being able to use them.

Hi Dave, I appreciate the quick reply.

So since your miles disappeared, you have still been able to use the free miles? If so, that's exactly what I needed to hear.

I've emailed Tesla 5/6 times, they confirm I have miles on my account, but won't answer my question about being able to use them.

I’ve not had to charge since, but plenty of others have from one of the Facebook groups and confirmed it worked fine.

Once charged, you can then see the remaining balance within the last charge history, although in kWh rather than miles

Did you have miles and they have gone, or you never supercharged so they have not yet appeared?

Ours never appeared until after our first 'paid' supercharge, so iirc second supercharge as first was on day of delivery. So first 'paid' charge was a bit of a leap of faith. I think initially a charge actually appeared in in account history, then was quickly adjusted to 0.00 cost. When you are actually charging, the car shows cost, but these then appear as 0.00 in account history pretty much straight away.

Did you have miles and they have gone, or you never supercharged so they have not yet appeared?

Ours never appeared until after our first 'paid' supercharge, so iirc second supercharge as first was on day of delivery. So first 'paid' charge was a bit of a leap of faith. I think initially a charge actually appeared in in account history, then was quickly adjusted to 0.00 cost. When you are actually charging, the car shows cost, but these then appear as 0.00 in account history pretty much straight away.

I had ~13,000 miles showing on my account (I could see these), and I've used 200+ of them. But since they disappeared about 6 weeks ago I've not used a charger so wasn't sure if they would work at all.

Tesla have emailed confirming I have 20,800 on my account. But as my app and website show nothing, I wasn't sure if the free miles would still be used.

I might go for a drive this weekend and test this first hand too. Very strange situation I know, but would be annoyed if I'm charged when I know there are miles there to be used.

Thank you both again!

Reactions: MrBadger
I had ~13,000 miles showing on my account (I could see these), and I've used 200+ of them. But since they disappeared about 6 weeks ago I've not used a charger so wasn't sure if they would work at all.

Tesla have emailed confirming I have 20,800 on my account. But as my app and website show nothing, I wasn't sure if the free miles would still be used.

I might go for a drive this weekend and test this first hand too. Very strange situation I know, but would be annoyed if I'm charged when I know there are miles there to be used.

Thank you both again!

Had to supercharge today and it was free because of my remaining miles :) (despite them not showing because of the lease thing).

I did my 120 mile round trip yesterday just to test this out too, and like you it worked.

As I was charging, the cost was increasing so I assumed I was going to be billed. But as soon as I stopped charging it returned to £0.00.

Checking the website (not the app) I can see my remaining kWh, but not miles, I'm very happy with this outcome. Thanks again for your help on this, hopefully Tesla sort it out eventually.

upload_2020-7-20_8-48-26.png

For those on lease having issues with referral Supercharger miles missing from the Lootbox, I raised a Service Request in the app about 10 days ago to query why Supercharger referral miles on my account had not been credited even though the referred vehicle had been delivered last month. They finally responded by text message and cancelled the appointment in the app, saying:

"I have contacted the referral team to confirm these miles are active on your account. We are still working on a fix for allowing lease customers to access the Lootbox, and will have this resolved as soon as we can. If you do not hear from us by next week, please pop us an email on [email protected]"

So looks like they are still working on the referral issue for lease customers. In the meantime, I am being billed for any Supercharging. Will send an update if I receive any further news next week.

Reactions: DaveW
For those on lease having issues with referral Supercharger miles missing from the Lootbox, I raised a Service Request in the app about 10 days ago to query why Supercharger referral miles on my account had not been credited even though the referred vehicle had been delivered last month. They finally responded by text message and cancelled the appointment in the app, saying:

"I have contacted the referral team to confirm these miles are active on your account. We are still working on a fix for allowing lease customers to access the Lootbox, and will have this resolved as soon as we can. If you do not hear from us by next week, please pop us an email on [email protected]"

So looks like they are still working on the referral issue for lease customers. In the meantime, I am being billed for any Supercharging. Will send an update if I receive any further news next week.

I have emailed them about it today too (before reading this) as I’ve had a both a referral go live and a new one on my account, can not see how many miles / expiry or who the new one was from.

I’ll reply too if I get anything interesting back

What happened regarding the connectivity? Any update
My understanding is that everyone on the lease, from whatever leasing company, continues to receive the connectivity after the 1 month/1 year subscription term. Either it is too difficult for Tesla to sort out as the leasing company owns the vehicle rather than the driver and so billing becomes an issue, or the leasing companies actually factor in the cost to your lease.

Reactions: PaulMD
My understanding is that everyone on the lease, from whatever leasing company, continues to receive the connectivity after the 1 month/1 year subscription term. Either it is too difficult for Tesla to sort out as the leasing company owns the vehicle rather than the driver and so billing becomes an issue, or the leasing companies actually factor in the cost to your lease.
^^ This. I'm 18 months in to my lease on an M3P and all connectivity is still working fine - never been charged for it.

Reactions: PaulMD