Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Loud Whine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, new drive unit and then it was the seal... That's pretty crazy. :oops:
Yeah, it was quite...surprising. I'm pretty irritated that they replaced a perfectly fine rear-drive unit. Especially since my car has begun to vibrate after this service appointment. I've already taken my car back to the Santa Monica SC. I went on a test drive with a manager there and he told me the foam in the tire could be detaching and causing the vibration and he'd have the techs inspect the tires. However, when they returned my vehicle to me, they stated the vibration was "normal and within spec". And they didn't actually inspect the foam in my tires. Really contemplating pursuing a buy-back through Tesla. I've taken my car in four times in three months and another appointment next week 😑

Thanks to this thread I was able to take my car In For service at the Berkeley service center. They acknowledged the sound quickly and ordered parts. They put me in a rental for the weekend and said it should be done Monday or Tuesday. I was pleasantly surprised by the service department.
Hoping it fixes the dental instrument in the back seat.

With this experience, I can now highly recommend the Berkeley service center and owning a T. The QC from factory is getting better but still has some room to grow. Happy over all.