Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR battery type ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got MY LR this year. I understand there are two different battery types that are currently being sold by Tesla.
And also there are different factories where those vehicles being made.
Is there a quick way to determine the above for my car? Thanks

What shows on the Tesla app when you open the charging settings? If segmented, bracketed for daily charging from 50% to 90% then the Model Y has the NCM battery. If you can see or slide the charging limit setting all the way to 100% then the Model Y has the LFP battery. (If you move the charging slider control past 90% on a NCM equipped Model Y the charging screen will display a message about Tesla recommending only charging to 90% for daily charging.)

IMG_2848.jpeg

How I can tell which battery type I have from Additional Vehicle Information? Thanks

View attachment 939774

How I can tell which battery type I have from Additional Vehicle Information? Thanks
I thought it used to say the battery type, but apparently it only lists it if you have the LFP battery - From the OM -

Some vehicles are equipped with a Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) Battery. To determine if your vehicle is equipped with an LFP battery, navigate to Controls > Software > Additional Vehicle Information. If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP battery, "High Voltage Battery type: Lithium Iron Phosphate" is listed. If your vehicle does not have an LFP battery, the high voltage Battery type is not specified.

Reactions: pkmody and E90alex
My Y is from China does anyone know if I have a LFP battery because I don't know if I can charge to 100%. How can I check this?
I have a 2023 MY LR from China, it does not have LFP batteries, my charge indicator states that above 90% is for trips and if i set the charge limit above 90, then after charging it will tell me that i should adjust it down to protect the battery.

Reactions: JayInJapan
I thought it used to say the battery type, but apparently it only lists it if you have the LFP battery - From the OM -

Some vehicles are equipped with a Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) Battery. To determine if your vehicle is equipped with an LFP battery, navigate to Controls > Software > Additional Vehicle Information. If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP battery, "High Voltage Battery type: Lithium Iron Phosphate" is listed. If your vehicle does not have an LFP battery, the high voltage Battery type is not specified.

Dumb question, but why is the acronym “LFP“ when the middle word starts with an “i”? Does this have to do with the periodical table from my high school days many many years ago? iron = Fe.