Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR or P - Delivery is almost here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We originally ordered the MYP in early February for quicker delivery thinking the tax credit could be reduced at the end of March. My wife preferred the MYP wheels and spoiler (she drives in chill) but I would have taken the MYLR to save the $4k and tires I can rotate.

However after 1 month with the MYP we have no regrets. We love the look and the way it drives.

I've got a MYLR rental for a week and after a couple of days I can say I'm glad we got the MYP. The slight lag in initial acceleration is noticable but mind you it is still plenty fast.

But ask me again after it's time to replace the tires ;)

We just did the same 250 mile roundtrip drive in the MYLR rental that we did in the MYP a couple of weeks ago. If there was a range difference it was hard for me to tell given we were going interstate speeds.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
We originally ordered a MYP but debating going back to a MYLR.

Any advantages of staying with one or the other besides the LR having a bit more range?

Has anyone regretted getting a P due to its less range?
I've had a 2020 MYP and a 2021 MYLR7 to compare in SoCal, driven same route with 19" Geminis. Surprisingly (or not) they have almost the same consumption average (at about 275 Wh/mile) using the same wheels/tire set.

See this post: 2022 MYP range estimate with 19” Martian wheels?

I ordered an MYP and will swap with 19" Geminis right away - to get in par with MYLR range.

I figured I would have spent $5K if I modded an MYLR: $2K for 20" Inductions, $2K Acceleration Boost, $1000 for lowering springs/painting calipers red/spoiler/aluminum pedals.

Pic for inspiration, MYP on Geminis:
20210807_153800_resized.jpg

Reactions: yellowr6
Here’s my current efficiency on my 2022 MYP with 19” Martian wheelset with Michelin power sports summer tires. 262 wh/mi. Meaning I can probably get 290 ish miles range using 75 kWh pack.

I tried the genimi stock 19” with AS tires too but best I can do is 270 ish wh/mi. But again, this was during winter and ton of rain and wind this past season.

Ur goal is get as close to 250 avg wh/mi to get EPA numbers. Just cannot speed! 😬😆

IMG_1830.jpeg

I just struggled with this choice and decided on LR + acceleration boost. The ride quality of the P was too jarring over broken pavement and expansion cracks. Also the low ride height is not good here for snow in the mountains and light fireroads for camping. If I didn't want the ride height, I would have bought a P and put a set of new takeoff geminis/tires on it for $2500. My local CL has several ads for the 20 and 21 inch wheels and tires with low miles. I assume its because people changed to other wheels/tires. No geminis for sale.

Here’s my current efficiency on my 2022 MYP with 19” Martian wheelset with Michelin power sports summer tires. 262 wh/mi. Meaning I can probably get 290 ish miles range using 75 kWh pack.

I tried the genimi stock 19” with AS tires too but best I can do is 270 ish wh/mi. But again, this was during winter and ton of rain and wind this past season.

Ur goal is get as close to 250 avg wh/mi to get EPA numbers. Just cannot speed! 😬😆

View attachment 936141
If you want better range on myp with 19” geminis, do not use AS performance tires, those tires are sticky, you wont see much difference between 19” and 21” AS tires