Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My model 3 says full at 210 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
846929C0-1BE0-4B1D-A6EC-CA9DFB3BAD6E.png

I have the exact same issue, started yesterday. Charge at 100% is 204 miles, it was always around 238 miles. I always charge to 90% and it was always 212-216 miles, yesterday and today it is 184 (at 90%). I did not get any new update, it just stared happening yesterday. (I'm on 2019.28.3.1). Reset didn't fix it. I made an appointment at service. Btw I'm also in Florida.

I have the exact same issue, started yesterday. Charge at 100% is 204 miles, it was always around 238 miles. I always charge to 90% and it was always 212-216 miles, yesterday and today it is 184 (at 90%). I did not get any new update, it just stared happening yesterday. (I'm on 2019.28.3.1). Reset didn't fix it. I made an appointment at service. Btw I'm also in Florida.
It’s happened to me last night. I also lost the fog light button.

It’s happened to me last night. I also lost the fog light button.

Sooo.... what car did you guys ACTUALLY buy?

If you bought a Standard Range, its likely you got downgraded to what you actually purchased. If you purchased a SR+ then you likely have a concern as maybe your car got downgraded in error. Lots of SR buyers have had SR+ features since purchase, but that doesnt mean they were supposed to, or that they would keep them.

So... again... what model did you actually pay for?

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Yes that is exactly what happened, it is finally downgraded to 220 miles, I am also missing fog lights and immersive sound. I'm fine with all this, I was getting free stuff for a long time. But it still doesn't explain why am I only getting 204 miles on 100% charge and 184 on 90%.

Sooo.... what car did you guys ACTUALLY buy?

If you bought a Standard Range, its likely you got downgraded to what you actually purchased. If you purchased a SR+ then you likely have a concern as maybe your car got downgraded in error. Lots of SR buyers have had SR+ features since purchase, but that doesnt mean they were supposed to, or that they would keep them.

So... again... what model did you actually pay for?
Mine is a plus. Either way Tesla does not sell any cars with 210 mile range

Yes that is exactly what happened, it is finally downgraded to 220 miles, I am also missing fog lights and immersive sound. I'm fine with all this, I was getting free stuff for a long time. But it still doesn't explain why am I only getting 204 miles on 100% charge and 184 on 90%.

I believe that 220 is the rated range 100% max for a SR (I dont follow that model that closely as I have a model 3P). Now that the downgrade has been identified for you, do you charge at home, daily, to 90% or do you charge every so often? Its "likely" that your BMS is reporting a loss of range for "some reason" but it is likely that its not actual range loss.

Seems to be more common for this BMS calculation error when one charges every few days, or charges to less than 90%. Both of those are ok, charge how you want, but from my experience with my car and reading here, it seems that those who charge to 90% daily at their home / residence, and have a "decent size" commute, allows the BMS to report a more accurate max range.

I believe that 220 is the rated range 100% max for a SR (I dont follow that model that closely as I have a model 3P). Now that the downgrade has been identified for you, do you charge at home, daily, to 90% or do you charge every so often? Its "likely" that your BMS is reporting a loss of range for "some reason" but it is likely that its not actual range loss.

I charge every time at home, about every other day, always to 90%

Seems to be more common for this BMS calculation error when one charges every few days, or charges to less than 90%. Both of those are ok, charge how you want, but from my experience with my car and reading here, it seems that those who charge to 90% daily at their home / residence, and have a "decent size" commute, allows the BMS to report a more accurate max range.

It’s interesting...I would think that for SR vehicles, since they are generally thought to be top-locked, Tesla would just make sure they charged to 220 miles to prevent people from complaining about it - at least until that became impossible. Save the service centers some hassle...

That being said, the above describes an SR+ with 210 miles as well, as I read it. So if an SR+ is limited to 210 miles, a different SR vehicle with a similar issue would not make it to 220, of course.

I wonder whether in general SR owners always see exactly the 220 advertised? I would think they would since Tesla could just have them charge to that energy level at “100%” all the time.

Also, for you Florida folk, I sincerely hope that storm takes a north turn as it is supposed to, sooner rather than later. It seems very bad. Be safe.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
By the way super charging is free for us here in Florida just till the hurricane passes .

It’s interesting...I would think that for SR vehicles, since they are generally thought to be top-locked, Tesla would just make sure they charged to 220 miles to prevent people from complaining about it - at least until that became impossible. Save the service centers some hassle...

Nope, that isn't how Tesla does it. They just remap the percentages. So a SR charges to ~91.6% of the SR+ battery and shows that as 100%. So they share in the degradation. If they didn't do that then when you went to unlock the extra range you might only get a little bit, if any, depending on the degradation of their battery.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Nope, that isn't how Tesla does it. They just remap the percentages. So a SR charges to ~91.6% of the SR+ battery and shows that as 100%. So they share in the degradation. If they didn't do that then when you went to unlock the extra range you might only get a little bit, if any, depending on the degradation of their battery.

Good to know. So this makes the SR above seem nearly “normal,” and the SR+ is just hosed, like a bunch of other vehicles right now, for who knows what reason - presumably software “reasons.”

Status
Not open for further replies.