Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My model 3 says full at 210 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. Purchased 3 SR but enjoyed the additional SR+ features for about 3 months. Doesn't bother me that I was finally updated to what I paid for but what terrible timing. Just as we are waiting for Dorian to hit and Tesla announces they will increase range for Florida owners they decide to drop ours instead. 20 miles in an evacuation can mean stranded vs making it to the next charger.

Me too. Purchased 3 SR but enjoyed the additional SR+ features for about 3 months. Doesn't bother me that I was finally updated to what I paid for but what terrible timing. Just as we are waiting for Dorian to hit and Tesla announces they will increase range for Florida owners they decide to drop ours instead. 20 miles in an evacuation can mean stranded vs making it to the next charger.
I spoke to somebody at Tesla they said they were trying to extend our range and something went wrong that you’re working to fix it within the next 24 hours .

I know this a SR, SR+ thread BUT, I too, noticed a degredation of 4 miles at 90% SoC, starting 4 days ago. I have consistently gotten 270 for the last 7 months. I charge 2 times a week, at home, have never charged outside. Strange.....

SR+ California, still at 215 @ 90% so it’s a Florida thing only, as far as the OP at 210 @ 100% on a Plus, should of been more like 260 miles for the Florida owners. Tesla Is extending the range so that those in hurricane areas can get out and keep moving, haven’t seen this in writing but it’s what was done in other hurricanes in the past.

Tesla to unlock extra range and free Supercharging for cars in Hurricane Dorian's path

Fred

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Reactions: MP3Mike
If I remember this correctly, Tesla's recommendation to correct the BMS mileage calibration is to run the battery down low (e.g. 10%) and charge up to 90% a few times in a row. That gives the BMS a better view of the full capacity of the battery.

That does make sense to me. If it only ever sees low SOC and not high or always high and not low them it has to make large extrapolations to the opposite end of the scale. Once it has good data points at each end of the scale its mileage calculation will be more accurate.

If I remember this correctly, Tesla's recommendation to correct the BMS mileage calibration is to run the battery down low (e.g. 10%) and charge up to 90% a few times in a row. That gives the BMS a better view of the full capacity of the battery.

That does make sense to me. If it only ever sees low SOC and not high or always high and not low them it has to make large extrapolations to the opposite end of the scale. Once it has good data points at each end of the scale its mileage calculation will be more accurate.

Unfortunately that is clearly not the solution here.

I have the exact same issue, started yesterday. Charge at 100% is 204 miles, it was always around 238 miles. I always charge to 90% and it was always 212-216 miles, yesterday and today it is 184 (at 90%). I did not get any new update, it just stared happening yesterday. (I'm on 2019.28.3.1). Reset didn't fix it. I made an appointment at service. Btw I'm also in Florida.
Did Tesla fix your problem after the update?

Status
Not open for further replies.