Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 SR Plus shows as “Standard” on the display screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla and was given the usual runaround. Standard range fluctuations, discharge below 10% and charge to 100 to recalibrate, switch to energy display, nothing to see here.

I called Tesla and it took a while but let them know your range has dropped and their team will look through all the settings. It took about 24 hours and it says standard plus now. My range is still a little off but not as bad.

So after waiting for 25 minutes I got a technician on chat. I described the issue and the steps I have already taken (recalibrate followed by hard reboot, three times in a week), and they said to do it again. If that doesn't fix it, then take it to a service center.

But the service center is over two hours away and I can't take off work until November.

I sure hope they come up with an OTA fix soon.

So after waiting for 25 minutes I got a technician on chat. I described the issue and the steps I have already taken (recalibrate followed by hard reboot, three times in a week), and they said to do it again. If that doesn't fix it, then take it to a service center.

But the service center is over two hours away and I can't take off work until November.

I sure hope they come up with an OTA fix soon.
I wouldn't worry too much. It is most likely due to how they have changed the calculation for estimated range in the BMS (speculation). My most recent update, from .20->.32 dropped my 100% by about 15 miles. I seriously doubt my battery just went bad at the same time as everybody else's battery did.

Hate to revive an old thread, but I just noticed this on my car as well. Software screen says “standard” but I bought a standard plus. Have had it for about 8 months now and just noticed this change (it definitely said standard plus before).

Has anyone dealt with this recently and is Tesla doing anything about it?