Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 was attacked in my drive way.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well technically no, not stored yet, we just moved it to that location rolled it out of its storage trailer to unload it of our personal belongings, which we did the night before. Just hadn't made it into the garage yet.
Oh how very unfortunate. Only a day or so you were going to have it parked in the driveway and this happened. I don't believe the homeowners policy will cover it from what I read.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood
Most of the time storage insurance just allows you to keep the plate on it. Motor vehicles shows it as insured. It is the absolute bare minimum insurance. If you took the car out and it got totaled most likely the insurance will not cover the collision on your car. I have a vehicle with storage coverage, and I would not be covered if I took it out and had an accident.

Not sure how big he is, but looks as though the Tesla was in a rollover! These vehicles are sold as having one heck of a roof structure…is that not true?
The pillars are very strong, but I wouldn't trust the glass to hold even half of my body weight standing, let alone stomping on it.

If you have the perp's blood, you have DNA and all sorts of other things that can be tested. If they were drunk/high on some sort of substance they should be liable for all damages. Not that if they are an habitual drug user they'd have $44K lying about, it would have all went into their nose/arm/whatever the hell they do with "bath salts"/etc.

This sounds really unfortunate.... with that being said, what it appears to me to be is the OP in effect saying the following:

==================================

"I joined this website to post about my car being totaled in my driveway by another person, after I had removed all insurance coverage on it. Does anyone have any suggestions for me regarding the fact that I have all this damage on my car without insurance coverage?"

==================================

As some have said, this should be easily covered under the "comprehensive" coverage that virtually every auto policy has. The good thing about that is that for underwriting purposes, a claim under "comp." is treated differently than an accident claim. It won't (or shouldn't) increase your rates at all, or nearly as much, as an accident loss claim.

As some have said, this should be easily covered under the "comprehensive" coverage that virtually every auto policy has. The good thing about that is that for underwriting purposes, a claim under "comp." is treated differently than an accident claim. It won't (or shouldn't) increase your rates at all, or nearly as much, as an accident loss claim.

It would be if the owner actually had any insurance coverage, but it sounds like they didnt.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Most of the time storage insurance just allows you to keep the plate on it. Motor vehicles shows it as insured. It is the absolute bare minimum insurance. If you took the car out and it got totaled most likely the insurance will not cover the collision on your car. I have a vehicle with storage coverage, and I would not be covered if I took it out and had an accident.

Would you be covered if it was stolen? Or the storage facility damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.