Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My model Y was in an accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Scubamikey

Supporting Member
Oct 15, 2022
Calif
It's a very Sad day for me my Model Y LR was hit wit
mikes tesla 3.jpg
h only 2,993 miles on it. not sure how bad it is when they towed it up the flat bed the back rear tire was really rubbing on something back there. :( i do have video just need to figure out how to make it smaller to share..

Ps im ok Thanks Tesla

Last edited by a moderator:
If your wheels are rubbing, then one of two thing (or both) happened. A part of the body got shoved into the wheel… or the wheel got shoved into the body.

If it’s the body and not a major frame part, damage is likely repairable. If it’s a major frame part… well, who knows. At worst, totaled. Though it doesn’t look like its that severe from the picture.

If the wheel got ”moved” then you definitely have frame damage somewhere (at least subframe holding wheel and motor together). That has a higher chance of totaling the car.

Still to be honest pissed off.. but friends keep telling me car can be replaced or fixed. i was drive in the number two lane coming up to a red light cars in front of me in both lanes i was letting off the pedal sooner cause the regen was cold.. then for some reason a BMW X5 was in my side mirror and hit me went onto two wheels passing by my window (a few feet away) and then rolled over back onto its wheels.. i think all the air bags went off in his car window blew out.. a little bit after the accident i remember honk the horn to save video (but it did anyhow) i got out of my car and saw the damage and got sick to my stomach one of the witness saw me and kept checking on me she was a nurse in scrubs.. (Thank You for stopping and checking on me) fire dept showed up and checked on me.. ok.. four police cars showed up.. took info etc.. glad the video cameras record the accident.. don't think they can denied my claim just praying this guy has insurance he has a interim driver license and the weird part he has a incomplete application for his reg on the car..

At this point, do not worry yourself on the amount of damage or if totaled.

Your body shop will do an inspection and write up an estimate to repair. Your insurance company will make the final decision as to having it repaired or totaled. Not unusual for significant damage to be discovered when they inspect it for the estimate.

The worst thing can be if you bought the car for 65k, owe some 60k on it, and it is totaled at 48k value. Then, you are 12k under water. I'm not saying it is your case, but I can easily see such cases now, when Elon decided to low the price.

Glad that you are doing ok.

i am curious does the brake light come on the regenerative braking option is selected and we let go of the accelerator slowly when coming to a stop light or slowing down in a traffic?

Sorry to see that you got hit. Glad you are okay. That is my fear as well, an 'idiot' driver not looking where they are going and running into me. Tesla's are notorious for taking a long time to repair due to lack of parts. I'd be interested in how Tesla insurance handles the repair.

Reactions: Scubamikey