Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Ordering Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took some test drives in September and decided on a MY--the only question was timing.

I'm now ready to make my MY order. How does the order get tied to the SA who has been helping me? The test drive was done under my wife's email/contact info. Does it even matter? I was under the impression that the SA earned some consideration for orders.

Also, how does Tesla handle the timing of the trade in given the 3-8wk delivery timeframe?

You could ask your SA to place your order for you over the phone. Tesla will give you a trade in quote that should be good for 1 months/1000 miles. I've heard mixed messages about what happens after that month is up. I've read some people say the value changes but they'll honor it if you push especially if you're still within the 1000 miles. Read some others that they wouldn't budge.

When you order online, you specify when you want to pick it up, so you can choose that same SC.
As far as email address, it doesn’t matter, you can just create another account, or use hers. I guess there is no useful relation between test driving and ordering.

What my advisor did was put an "estimated" mileage on the trade-in vehicle for how long ever it takes for the car to come. It usually shows a wide range of delivery time but you can pick a timeframe and add up the miles you will be driving. If the guy who helped you was good, then make sure he becomes your SA since there are a lot of SAs that don't respond to your emails/texts.. You can also give him/her the referral code to put in manually so you and whoever refers get 1000 free supercharging miles.. They say you can only order from the link that was provided but that is not true..