Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Performance for $2,000 discount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See attached, Tesla is selling this as new inventory. $2k less than if you order same configuration on the order page. Am I missing anything?

Screenshot_20221113-001433_Firefox.jpg

See attached, Tesla is selling this as new inventory. $2k less than if you order same configuration on the order page. Am I missing anything?

View attachment 874064

I would bet, if you or anyone else goes to actually buy that vehicle and asks, they will likely be told that its being titled as a used vehicle, not a new one. Demo or not has nothing to do with new vs used (as I am sure you know OP, since I think every single post you have made on TMC so far has been either about vehicle pricing).

The only reason I can think of to offer a discount on a demo vehicle that has less than 50 miles on the odo is that it must be being titled as used, or have a damage disclosure or something.

Its a 2022, not a 2023, as well.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
I would get the 2023, the 2022 are already a year old.. Plus comfort suspension is on the ones made after I believe September which Elon had stated and many of the ones on the site were made around July. I was like you looking at the "new" filter and many are 2022 with demo miles but I rather have a 2023. My delivery just changed to a 2 week window Nov 30- Dec 14th.

Lots of demo cars are selling for $3K discounts or more

I'm seeing this with Ys. This red Y with EAP should be $68K without EAP. You can always remove EAP/FSD from demo/new cars.

1668583634398.png

When we were car shopping last year, I recall Tesla listing some "new" (non-demo) inventory cars below the price of a new order of the same config. As best I could figure out they were listed at the price from when the car was built, or even from when the car was ordered (by the customer who cancelled the order / failed loan qualification / rejected the VIN / etc, leading the car to end up in inventory).

In other words, these low-priced inventory cars had their pricing assigned internally in Tesla's systems at some point prior to actually showing up in public inventory. And kept that price even when new order prices were increased. (The price increase would almost never have been after public listing, because every inventory car would get snatched up super quick back then, especially brand new non-demos.)

Per a Tesla rep back then, if we were to purchase one of these old-pricing inventory cars but ask for FSD removal (every new inventory car was listed with FSD enabled), that would reset the pricing to the current new order price. Which is exactly what happened, though it was further complicated by having the inventory car assigned to our existing order that we'd placed a few days prior at the still-current pricing. So multiple variables at play.

Last edited: