Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My prediction on Model 3/Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread confused the hell out of me...until I read the date. Nice necro, good times.

You know how I know people are wrong about Tesla? A year ago, I knew nothing about Tesla. Heck I even missed the whole Model 3 reveal since average Americans like me wouldn't know it even happened. 5 months ago I started to look into Tesla, 4 months ago I placed my Model 3 order, 3 months ago I took delivery. I've never been happier.

If some average nobody like me can find out about Tesla in some random youtube video, and get interested enough to look into the Model 3. Then there are TONS of average Americans out there ready to buy a Model 3. Most of them just don't know enough about Tesla yet, some know nothing at all like I was a year ago. And that's in part due to how the media & public perceptions are controlled.
Similar situation with me. 1 months ago we went into showroom because our son wanted to see them (he’s a techie ) and I thought they were all 160k cars. Loved them as soo as I sat in them... 1 month into M3 and I absolutely love this car.

Exactly.

When the Know-It-All commentators come to CNBC and Bloomberg and give advice to Musk to:

"ignore the shorts and all negative FUD stories from the media and just simply focus on delivering, then everything will be all right"

I say they are completely wrong.

For a consumer product like a car, perception, reviews, word of mouth, CR reviews - everything matters. You could make the best product, but simply cannot overcome if there is a widely held perception that Tesla's catch fire or Tesla will be bankrupt within a year. And that is EXACTLY what the shorts, haters and the pimps in the media were hoping will happen. By continuously spinning exaggerated negative stories they were hoping Model 3 demand will dry up, and then it is recipe for bootstrap to death. Fortunately the positive social media buzz from the owners drowned out the planned attacks from the shorts and media.

So every bit of comment you make in Twitter, in TMC and YouTube absolutely helps.
Aloha, electroman! I’m compelled to jump in here and, possibly, state the obvious. I agree with your statements but, would add that Big Oil and ICE pushers have much at stake and play into the equation of naysaying. They might not come out and say it, risking their branding but, believe they are working through other agents to sow the seeds of discord and dismissiveness. For what it’s worth...