Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY price reduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my new MY LR AWD 19” no FSD in the second week of June before the price drop. I was surprised by the price drop on MY. Has anyone who paid for higher price on the car get FSD added later with some kind of discount to reflect the higher price of the vehicle? It would be nice if Tesla offered FSD for 5K ( 3K price reduction). Certainly hoping a kind gesture on their part and not an entitled request. Has this happened to anyone who bought MY before the price drop?

you always pay the price you agree to. that's how it works. Prices always go up and down on just about everything, even cars.

Except that is a completely untrue statement. Most things you buy, especially electronics have a price guarantee if you flip the receipt and read the fine print. Usually it’s 30 days. Tesla just doesn’t have to do any of that because they have no competition.

Tesla does too...it’s 7 days.

Agreed.I was just replying to the straight up comment that is used way too often on these forums lately that you always agree and pay the price listed and there is no recourse.

There is a recourse. In terms of Tesla its 7 days, but even then based on posts here they refused to guarantee the price within those 7 days unless you returned the car and re-ordered. So I dont know if you would really count the 7 days.

Agreed.I was just replying to the straight up comment that is used way too often on these forums lately that you always agree and pay the price listed and there is no recourse.

There is a recourse. In terms of Tesla its 7 days, but even then based on posts here they refused to guarantee the price within those 7 days unless you returned the car and re-ordered. So I dont know if you would really count the 7 days.

True, but I’d personally expect no different at some other car dealer — once the car is delivered it’s done for almost everyone, except there’s no easy 7 day return.

True, but I’d personally expect no different at some other car dealer — once the car is delivered it’s done for almost everyone, except there’s no easy 7 day return.

When we say that we want Tesla to do something that other dealers do, we get a response that "Tesla is not a dealer, they are a tech company, so dont expect things to be same as dealerships". When we ask Tesla to do something we get a response that "Others dealers dont do it, why should Tesla".

Seems a bit convenient to flip flop like that.