Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that summer is nearing, I thought I'd share with you what I used all last summer for cooling my rear jump seats.

First things first, make sure that the a/c setting is either on fresh air or biohazard mode NOT re-circulation. Even though you can turn up the fan to 11 on re-circulation, the air exit points for the vehicle are in the back of the vehicle near the jump seats so by setting the a/c to fresh air, the air naturally moves through the rear jumpseat area before exiting the car. This is not the case for re-circulation.

Next, I have the rear window tinted with great heat rejecting tint and I also have the rear sunshade available although I hardly ever use it.

Finally, I know it's a bit ghetto, but it works reasonably well. I use something called the Noggle which is basically an extension tube for your air vents. Originally designed for rear-facing infant car seats, the Noggle works great in this Tesla application as well.

Even though you lose some of the airflow with a long tube, the kids can put it right up to their faces. I got the 8' noggle and probably would get the shortest 6' one if I had to do it over again.

The noggle mount zip ties onto your vents and the tube locks into the mount.

Overall, the setup seems to work pretty well and is super simple to install and take off when not needed. It works well enough that the kids still enjoy a 30 minute ride back there on a sunny, 90+ degree day.

210663-f27dd4fd3731fd2440183bd701e84cfb.jpg

Rear jumpseat ventilation - Noggle

210665-ddf50c0e7f2d28c1bd07056fa7189e0a.jpg

Noggle attachment point with other vent closed

210664-a9d41f17c2329ddaac53bda462818b81.jpg

8' Noggle - Plenty of length