Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Reservation Timeframe Just Changed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else get a change in delivery estimate? Mine had been Dec to Feb 2018 until today when it changed to Mar to May 2018. I am a very early line waiter, wee hours of 3/31/2016 in California. HQ said that is very positive for me and that THEY have not been selling to anyone other than employees and their priorities (meaning two cars), to tesla owners across the country, and to some others, perhaps large investors, suppliers, or what not (just guessing).

Am disappointed. However, it's a positive on one spectrum in that perhaps Tesla will be able to work out all the kinks in their quality of their cars. I would really prefer a clean car that doesn't go and forth to service often.

Anyone get a change?

I just got an email too. Wanted a SR Single motor. Was “Mid 2018”. Now “Early 2019”. That’s a whopping 6 monthsof delay. The interesting thing is that my estimated delivery date for the dual motor has changed from “Nov 2018 to Jan 2019” to “Late 2018”. I might just get a dual motor then.

Mine changed also, owner, placed my reservation on April 1, 2016. I am waiting for base model, now said end of 18, but the Dual motor said mid 18.
I can purchase the Long Range with 3-6 wks wait time (but I don’t need LR)

My dates got shuffled around a bit... RWD standard battery changed from early 2018 to late 2018 and AWD changed from July-September 2018 to mid 2018. I received my invite to configure nearly two months ago, so first production is ready to order but I'm waiting for the white interior. Day 1 online reservation, SoCal, current owner, BTW.

If I had to guess, I think Tesla may be trying to increase margins for the first half of the year.

The $35,000 base changed from early 2018 to late 2018. The dual changed from Spring 2018 to mid 2018. Current 2012 and 2017 Model S owner.

This was expected in regard to history. Duals are more expensive, so they provide more profit. Delaying the least expensive Model 3 will encourage those unwilling to wait to spend more. Should help sales of used Model S.

Most interesting are the range numbers shown for the Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive. Choice of 220 or 310 mile range. Those are the same range numbers shown for the RWD.

Last edited:
Most interesting are the range numbers shown for the Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive. Choice of 220 or 310 mile range. Those are the same range numbers shown for the RWD.

That isn’t new and not surprising that it shows RWD numbers. They aren’t going to release range numbers until they release the specs and pricing on the dual motor models. What is interesting is now this makes it look like the SR battery will appear in the dual motor model first rather than the base vehicle.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mark Z
The $35,000 base changed from early 2018 to late 2018. The dual changed from Spring 2018 to mid 2018. Current 2012 and 2017 Model S owner.

This was expected in regard to history. Duals are more expensive, so they provide more profit. Delaying the least expensive Model 3 will encourage those unwilling to wait to spend more. Should help sales of used Model S.

When AWD first opens up, they will only be selling the LR AWD version. Once SR opens up, they might prioritize SR AWD, but I wouldn't expect SR configurations to be available as soon as AWD becomes an option.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark Z and R.S