Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My review of new 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, this car holds the turns like a Porsche. And it's a "family sedan" :)
I live only 8 miles from work and figured I would charge once a week. But reading this forum and Tesla webpage it seems better to just plug it in every night whether or not the mileage is needed. I have 2 weeks or so to ponder the merits of plug-in/ don't plug-in :) The closer delivery gets the slower the days are going

A plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla. :) It won't make any real difference on battery life either way, and you'll have more range available if something comes up. I don't think there's any real downside to plugging every day (assuming you have your own plug in your own garage/carport/driveway, at least.)

I always plug in, unless I know I am going to go back out shortly. I really think it is smart to leave yourself with as much optionality as possible.

I also want to reiterate my point about AP not being worth it for me -- I am simply advising people (if money is a consideration at all) to seriously consider their daily driving and what sort of roads they're driving on. The AP experience is not enjoyable for me for the highway I am on or the second half of my commute, which are decent, smooth back roads, but AP doesn't perform well for my driving needs.

I got a 70D (not a 90D or P90D), I budgeted for this car, just trying to help people save money if they're interested.

Hey Guys,

Newly minted S75D owner here as of yesterday!

Thanks for the short review. I'm still tweaking the settings and will try your suggested audio settings.

With regards to delivery I was expecting the big reveal with my name on a stand and my car in a fabric shroud like I've seen with other owners. My delivery was anti-climatic. I walked into the showroom/service center and my car was just sitting there in all it's deep blue glory. I wasn't perturbed. Its about the car and do I love it!

As part of the swag bag, I also got these slick key fob holders that were unofficially referred to as fob "thongs" LOL. They do a pretty good job of keeping the fob from being too slippery and I can easily press the trunk button without taking it out of my pocket due to the fact that the back end has a key ring so I just feel for that. I'm glad I Tesla made these, it's much more attractive than some of the ugly holders I've seen.

Excited to experiment with more settings!
IMG_20161015_065643.jpg IMG_20161015_065718.jpg