Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla wall connector gen 3 keeps stopping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3974.jpeg

The lights are on (so it does have power) but it shuts off after 2-3 seconds. Turns back on 3 seconds later, back to off. Does it non stop, on, off, on, off. It never actually charges one bit :(

I had that issue few years back. Tesla ended up replacing the with new unit and has been working fine since. You probably need a replacement. The workaround is to drop the current from 48A to say 32A or one level down. You will have to set your car to lower charing current or set the charger to that. But, that defeats the reason of having the faster charging.

I had that issue few years back. Tesla ended up replacing the with new unit and has been working fine since. You probably need a replacement. The workaround is to drop the current from 48A to say 32A or one level down. You will have to set your car to lower charing current or set the charger to that. But, that defeats the reason of having the faster charging.
Correct, i get 32A on the mobile charger as we speak. I kinda prefer the 48A. Thank you all for your advice. I hardly ever post but this issue has been bugging me terribly