Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY tints, no one will do it! East Sussex

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All
Im about to take delivery of my Model Y on the 30th June (after being told it wasn’t going to come till September).

But I’ve called 10 people in the area and no one will touch this car. They say there too many issues with sunroof glass and sensors?

Anyone know anyone that can do it in the East Sussex area (Brighton)?

Thanks.

Hi All
Im about to take delivery of my Model Y on the 30th June (after being told it wasn’t going to come till September).

But I’ve called 10 people in the area and no one will touch this car. They say there too many issues with sunroof glass and sensors?

Anyone know anyone that can do it in the East Sussex area (Brighton)?

Thanks.
Why are you trying to have the roof and windshield tinted?

I don’t blame shops for not wanting to do either of those areas. Too much can go wrong.

Doing the windscreen and having a major crash (with injury) will get the tinting company taken to court. Most won't do it if asked.

Also, it will instantly invalidate your insurance. Might as well get 3rd party because they won't pay out.

Doing the windscreen and having a major crash (with injury) will get the tinting company taken to court. Most won't do it if asked.

Also, it will instantly invalidate your insurance. Might as well get 3rd party because they won't pay out.
Hmm, again...the windscreen.
Either people are jumping to conclusions or don't read... 😒

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I’ll look to see if I can get someone booked in with these places on my trips up north.

All the local places say model 3, no issues. But model Y. They won’t touch, as there is too many issues reported. Didn’t even get on to the question what I wanted done.

because they mentioned sensors and as far as we're aware there aren't any in the sunroof or rear windows or rear screen.

Perhaps they meant rear demister/heater wire which migth be sensitive? Not sure how its any different to the 3 though - bigger rear window and bigger sunroof but same sort of thing?