Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYAWD 4680 in the wild?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone actually taken delivery of the hundreds of MYAWD's released in the past few weeks? ODD 2/3 and delivery still TBD. There's been discussions about the new SR 4680 Y but I can't find where anyone has actually taken delivery and has given a first impression report on it.

Has anyone actually taken delivery of the hundreds of MYAWD's released in the past few weeks? ODD 2/3 and delivery still TBD. There's been discussions about the new SR 4680 Y but I can't find where anyone has actually taken delivery and has given a first impression report on it.

There's plenty of MYAWD's out there, from units that went to employees at the factory-kickoff event to assorted cars which were offered to MYLR reservations holders and even yes the inventory cars you mention.

Reports I read indicated the MYAWD is almost indistinguishable from MYLR other than having a different range - the user experience was otherwise the same

Drove my Brother-in-laws again today, put about 50 miles on it, mixed frwy. and city, I cannot stress enough how much better this car feels than the demo at the tesla store that was the MYLR, both cars with 20" inductions, its like they are different cars, I suspect more people will be saying the same in the near future, JMO.
Can you provide more detailed description?

Reactions: cdub and Dayreg
Should be getting our Model Y AWD by end of month. Planning to post about it.
Dying to know how the LRAWD feels in comparison to the Standard Range AWD.

They will all have 4680 by 2024 from my understanding. Hoping for a range boost gift or at least the option to purchase range and speed boost 🤞🏼

suspension felt more controlled and comfortable, interior was more quiet and bump/dips did not seem to transmit through the chassis as much, just my perception and i'm not a track guy, I don't wrench on cars so my knowledge of how to explain my experience is limited, fast forward to getting my car and even though it is the exact spec except color it does not drive as nice, suspension is stiffer and plenty of rattles and squeaks inside, have an appt. to deal with that, gotta get these side by side after I get things sorted out to see if i'm right or just bat s**t crazy!

Reactions: Dayreg
Should be getting our Model Y AWD by end of month. Planning to post about it.
Dying to know how the LRAWD feels in comparison to the Standard Range AWD.

They will all have 4680 by 2024 from my understanding. Hoping for a range boost gift or at least the option to purchase range and speed boost 🤞🏼
Range boost is not going to happen as there are tests done on the current 4680 cell and the pack is smaller at about 67.6 kWh usable, changes will come to the 4680 cell eventually to improve the capacity and there appears to be room to add cells in the current structural pack (possibly to add 92 more cells?, current pack is 828, 9P92S) and increase capacity approx. 11% (still short of the 2170 pack with current 4680 chemistry) my feeling is that in a couple of years or less they will have the 4680 out performing the 2170 per kg.

Follow up for you, I took the car in for service, annoying back seat rattle fixed and I was able get back to figuring out why the heck my car felt stiffer in the suspension than my brother in laws.

At 22 mi. I change from the 255/40/20 stock rubber with a 101 load rating to a 275/40/20 Continental DWS06 plus with a 106 load rating to add a little more rubber to the ground as well as a little extra sidewall for comfort plus i'm just not a fan of that stretched look where the wheel rim pokes out a little.

My first thought was maybe a little break in for the new tires and all will be good but the rough ride persisted, I then lowered the pressure to 40 from the 42 and it helped a very small amount but was still not happy, I ran across this site Tire Pressure Calculator and punched in the numbers to see what they would say and turns out my new tire at 36 psi still has a higher load rating than the stock rubber at 42!

Dropped them all to 36, took a 40 mile trip and I was blown away at the difference, seems to be better than my brother in laws but will soon get them back to back to confirm.

If you did not want to go wider you could just go with a 45 aspect ratio with a 105 load rated tire same width as stock but 29" tall instead of 28" stock height with 37 psi being about equal to the 42 psi of a 101 load rated stock tire.

For anyone who has doubts about changing tires just to improve the ride then hit me up if in the area to test drive cause I can prove it to you.

Reactions: tomsla
Follow up for you, I took the car in for service, annoying back seat rattle fixed and I was able get back to figuring out why the heck my car felt stiffer in the suspension than my brother in laws.
I got my MY AWD on Sunday and I have the rattle from the back seat. I lowered the headrest to the lowest setting and it seem to improve.

What did they do to yours?

I got my MY AWD on Sunday and I have the rattle from the back seat. I lowered the headrest to the lowest setting and it seem to improve.

What did they do to yours?
The invoice shows that they readjusted headrests but when I asked them about it they did confirm removing and re inserting them, not sure what the heck that did but they tried to tell me something about a resonance that occurs from the posts and that they just needed to remove and re insert them, consider me skeptical on the explanation but problem was resolved so.......?

Took deliver of my MYAWD yesterday. Like others, I jumped on an available AWD to lock in the tax benefits. Based on the multiple threads of the subject of quality control I looked over the exterior pretty extensively with friends. no noticeable panel gap issues, condensation, etc. I did notice a few paint swirls only noticeable in perfect lighting conditions that I would not have noticed normally. I'm going to drive it for few days to see about any other issues before going back for any touch ups; I was told I have 100 miles to check it out. Drive quality is very good, though I only have a few test drives in the LR to compare. I understand that it's .2 seconds slower to 60 than the LR, but not noticeable to me. It still feels like a rocket off the line. I can't imagine ever needing the Performance model. overall loving it.

I took delivery of my second MYAWD yesterday. The process was flawless and really quick. Was out of the Sales Center in less than 15 minutes.

Also, the condition of the car was perfect. I did not notice anything wrong with it. I didn't notice the rattle from the rear headrest. I will put them up today and see if the rattle.

Reactions: GreenCoffee

At 22 mi. I change from the 255/40/20 stock rubber with a 101 load rating to a 275/40/20 Continental DWS06 plus with a 106 load rating to add a little more rubber to the ground as well as a little extra sidewall for comfort plus i'm just not a fan of that stretched look where the wheel rim pokes out a little.

My first thought was maybe a little break in for the new tires and all will be good but the rough ride persisted, I then lowered the pressure to 40 from the 42 and it helped a very small amount but was still not happy, I ran across this site Tire Pressure Calculator and punched in the numbers to see what they would say and turns out my new tire at 36 psi still has a higher load rating than the stock rubber at 42!

Dropped them all to 36, took a 40 mile trip and I was blown away at the difference, seems to be better than my brother in laws but will soon get them back to back to confirm.

If you did not want to go wider you could just go with a 45 aspect ratio with a 105 load rated tire same width as stock but 29" tall instead of 28" stock height with 37 psi being about equal to the 42 psi of a 101 load rated stock tire.

For anyone who has doubts about changing tires just to improve the ride then hit me up if in the area to test drive cause I can prove it to you.
Great info, thank you for the write up. I wouldn't have guess it myself.