Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR OD: Aug 1 week 2022: Tax credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I just ordered my MYLR with Enhanced AP, White with 7 seater+20 inch wheels on Aug 8 2022. I have completed profile but I have not added Trade In.

Initially I was given a EDD of Jan-Mar 2023 which I was comfortable with because I would be eligible for Full/Partial Fed Tax credit of 7.5K.

I see they have updated my EDD to Dec 5 - Jan 16. I have a few questions for (to be) Tesla owners here

1. Do I have a chance of getting the car in December 2023 or January 2023?
2. How long can I delay in case the ask me to take delivery by Dec 5?
3. This is the first time I saw EDD change. Is this expected to change again potentially well into 2022 like Oct-Dec?
4. What are your thoughts of cancelling now and re ordering in next 10-15 days? Will I just lose 250$ or 2500$?
5. Do you think I go ahed and cancel Enhanced AutoPilot to tweak the date and get it in 2023?

lots of assumptions here.

- your dates gonna fluctuate, but the fact that it moved so quickly after order - you may be in for a quick delivery.

- you aren’t able to delay anymore like you used to, maybe a week or two, but I’ve heard Tesla isn’t interested in letting orders sit for a tax credit.

- if you cancel and reorder, you are out $250.

- I believe the EAP doesn’t move forward or back your date…

The wife and I have been pretty happy with our MYP which was delivered at the end of a June. So we decided to put in an order for a second Model Y today. Since we are no longer in a hurry of getting a car like the last purchase, we decided to ordered a plain vanilla MYLR with the longest wait time (while/black 5-seater with Gemini wheels and nothing else added). I haven’t started completing my profile and the EDD is currently sitting between March 2023 and July 2023. I think I will wait perhaps a month before enter my registration info given the situation (having EDD pulled forward) by the OP. That should keep the delivery in 2023.