Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR TPMS compatibility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
Quick question. Thinking about swapping out my 2023 19" mylr wheels with M3 18" wheels on Yokohama geolander a/t tires at 255 55 18.
My question is this...will my 2023 tpms sensors fit into the 2019 m3 18" rims?
Also what about gluing foam inserts into the Yokahamas?
Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

There is only one set of sensors so I don't think there will be any issues using them in different rims.

As for foam, it doesn't do much from what I understand. There was a guy here a few years ago who bought sound deadening foam and glued it into the tires. He did tests before and after and could not measure any meaningful difference.

Reactions: Skavatar
Upvote 0
There is only one set of sensors so I don't think there will be any issues using them in different rims.

As for foam, it doesn't do much from what I understand. There was a guy here a few years ago who bought sound deadening foam and glued it into the tires. He did tests before and after and could not measure any meaningful difference.
Well my understanding is that the M3 has 2 different sensors. One up til 2020 and then switched to them Bluetooth ones that are the same in 2021. That's why I'm wondering the new ones will fit on a pre 21 set of wheels?

Upvote 0
Hello all,
Quick question. Thinking about swapping out my 2023 19" mylr wheels with M3 18" wheels on Yokohama geolander a/t tires at 255 55 18.
My question is this...will my 2023 tpms sensors fit into the 2019 m3 18" rims?
Also what about gluing foam inserts into the Yokahamas?
Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

The sensors will fit into any wheel, it doesn't matter the year.

Upvote 0
Ideally you want the 2021+ Model 3 wheels to put on a Model Y because they have a higher weight rating than the older Model 3 wheels.
Thanks for the info. Where did you find d this info about the weight ratings? How much did it go up?
Ideally you want the 2021+ Model 3 wheels to put on a Model Y because they have a higher weight rating than the older Model 3 wheels.
Thankss

Upvote 0