Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Factory Tire Poll

Which Tires came with your MYP

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I wait for my MYP to be delivered, I'm hoping to receive the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season tires as I live in a climate that is cold in the winter. I went to our local Tesla location yesterday and saw 5 new MYPs waiting to be delivered on the lot. 3 had the Pirelli Summers and 2 had the Michelin All Seasons. What did yours come with?

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
I am told mine will come with Goodyear. Anyone have experience with their all season?
I am referring to only the Performance Y for this poll. The All Season Goodyears come on all Long Range with the 20" induction wheel option - I'm guessing that is the spec you ordered.

To answer your question - We currently have the Long Range Y on the Inductions and have about 16K miles on the Goodyears. They have been decent, although I am told they really are not great in the snow once the tread wears a bit. Many people have opted for a different tire when it is time to replace (many seem to do so around the 25-30K mile mark with these tires on this car).

I am referring to only the Performance Y for this poll. The All Season Goodyears come on all Long Range with the 20" induction wheel option - I'm guessing that is the spec you ordered.

To answer your question - We currently have the Long Range Y on the Inductions and have about 16K miles on the Goodyears. They have been decent, although I am told they really are not great in the snow once the tread wears a bit. Many people have opted for a different tire when it is time to replace (many seem to do so around the 25-30K mile mark with these tires on this car).
Sorry I missed the P model earlier. What are the recommended tires?

Michelin in Michigan. Took delivery in July. i love the MYP. It is so fast. But I am stressing about these rims and tires. Can't really be rotated. I am hearing they won't last long. I am tempted to order a MYLR and sell. But I love the speed! I will be garaging the thing on bad winter roads as I still have my Acadia. Good luck!

A7421CA5-B8DA-49B6-9BE6-EA9315BD1E17.jpeg

Michelin in Michigan. Took delivery in July. i love the MYP. It is so fast. But I am stressing about these rims and tires. Can't really be rotated. I am hearing they won't last long. I am tempted to order a MYLR and sell. But I love the speed! I will be garaging the thing on bad winter roads as I still have my Acadia. Good luck!
Instead of shifting to an MYLR, you can keep the MYP and change your wheels (and tires), and then sell the Uberturbines. That's what I did with our new MYP (upgraded from 2020 MYLR) which now has 18" TSportline TSS. The 19" and 20" wheel+tire packages from TSportline also offer a wider-tire option, to give a bit of rim protection, and they're all square setups (all wheels same-size), so you can do front<-->back rotation.

If your concered about wheels and tires a new set from T sport line would be cheaper and quicker than buying a LR. Plus you get to keep the speed 😎

19s or 20s will be able to be rotated and you will have more options for replacement rubber. The 21s look so good though. I’m keeping them on here until it’s time to replace. Can’t be rotated because their staggered.

Instead of shifting to an MYLR, you can keep the MYP and change your wheels (and tires), and then sell the Uberturbines. That's what I did with our new MYP (upgraded from 2020 MYLR) which now has 18" TSportline TSS. The 19" and 20" wheel+tire packages from TSportline also offer a wider-tire option, to give a bit of rim protection, and they're all square setups (all wheels same-size), so you can do front<-->back rotation.
Discount tire just told me the 18" would not fit with the breaks. But it worked for you? Is your car from 2022?

I have some 18” tires/wheels with Michelin Pilot Sports AS 4 from TSportLine waiting on my PMY. Even though my pre-delivery phone call confirmed my Y is coming with the Michelin’s. I’m still retiring them as soon as I we get home.
bO3yRjh.jpg

QA25OAL.jpg

The 21s aren‘t needed for street use especially if you live in a state that has all four season which wreck havoc on the roads. IL is like Beruit.

So I gain some range back, better ride, can rotate them and have more and cheaper options for tires. Oh and all four weight 60 pounds less than the 21s so I might see a reduction in 0 to 60 times as well. WIN WIN WIN

Last edited:
Discount tire just told me the 18" would not fit with the breaks. But it worked for you? Is your car from 2022?
Yeah, Discount Tire is a bit behind-the-times on this. The TSportline 18's are specifically manufactured to fit over the brakes of either the MYLR or MYP.

Here's ours. 2022 (June 2022 build date) MYP + 18" TSportline TSS. The calipers are painted purple to match the Stek DynoPurple PPF, in case you're wondering why you don't see red calipers. I added one photo that I just took, showing the tire size.

DSC_2362.jpg
IMG_6465.jpg
DSC_2350.jpg

Yeah, Discount Tire is a bit behind-the-times on this. The TSportline 18's are specifically manufactured to fit over the brakes of either the MYLR or MYP.

Here's ours. 2022 (June 2022 build date) MYP + 18" TSportline TSS. The calipers are painted purple to match the Stek DynoPurple PPF, in case you're wondering why you don't see red calipers. I added one photo that I just took, showing the tire size.

View attachment 841720View attachment 841723View attachment 841721
One word - DAUM

I have some 18” tires/wheels with Mishelin Pilot Sports AS 4 from TSportLine waiting on my PMY. So I don’t care what Tesla puts on my PMY.
bO3yRjh.jpg

The 21s aren‘t needed for street use especially if you live in a state that has all four season which wreck havoc on the roads. IL is like Beruit.

So I gain some range back, better ride, can rotate them and have more and cheaper options for tires. Oh and all four weight 60 pounds less than the 21s.

View attachment 841720View attachment 841723View attachment 841721
How is the handling and consumption with the 18s?

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
"How is the handling and consumption with the 18s"

I have a friend that did this to his 2020 PMY over 2 years ago and we have done many test drives and the best way to describe it is with a football analogy. It's like the difference between a FULLBACK and a HALFBACK. For street use, the 18" make the PMY feel like a much more agile vehicle and far more supple. He gets close to the same wh/mi I get in my 2020 LR AWD and according to his DRAGY it's faster .1 seconds to 0 to 60, he says he could ROUND it UP to.2 but doesn't.

Unless you track the vehicle I don't see the need for the 21s aside from looks.

• Informative
Reactions: MyMYLRnw and Y_tho
How is the handling and consumption with the 18s?
Consumption: Too early to tell, as we have less than 500 miles so far. We only drove about 2 miles on the original uberturbines (from car pickup to the shop). And almost all of the miles are 70+ mph highway miles: drove it home from the shop, packed the car, and headed out of town. Loaded with three people, a dog, luggage, and food.

Handling: Soooooo comfortable compared to the 2020 MYLR+Inductions. Still feel the bumps and other road imperfections (the Suburban did a better job there), but nothing like the jarring ride of our original Y. Again, with only two miles on the Uberturbines, I can't give a fair A:B comparison, but we are really liking the 18s. Also: even though it's an MYP just begging for the smashing of the go-pedal, we still haven't "opened it up" or done any aggressive driving (with dog and other people in the car, that was a no-go) so I can't give any feedback there (yet).