Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP high pitch whine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

New MYP owner, picked up last week ! We have a high pitched wine coming from the rear of the car most noticeable when doing 60 to 80 km/hr. Can hear it over the radio at times as well.

Are others having the same thing ? Is it normal as didn’t have it in the standard model y we test drove.

I have read that it could be a faulty earth strap but those reports seem to be more for older model 3s.

Any advice or assistance greatly appreciated !

Seats are up, not sure it is regen noise as it occurs during steady state driving not accelerating or braking. Unless I mis understand regen.
Yea, it's not regen. There will be some motor noise especially on heavy acceleration. Is this your first Tesla? As will any sound issue it's hard to gauge reading off a page. Get a second opinion, stop by a service center, get a ride in another car, etc etc. In my MYP there is some motor noise, it's faint for the most part under normal conditions. Under heavy acceleration you can hear it as it becomes obvious but then again when it becomes apparent the car is moving fast.

Under heavy acceleration you can hear it as it becomes obvious but then again when it becomes apparent the car is moving fast.
In the first week I owned my MYP I heard that high-pitched whine A LOT. Something about frequently putting the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor at every stoplight . . . .

This could be a case where Tesla did not properly install the Battery Penthouse Perimeter Seal when assembling the vehicle. Suggest you schedule a service appointment. If you search the Model Y forums you will find some posts regarding the perimeter seal.