Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - range improvement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!
Brand new here and im not finding in search but I dont know much of the jargon here yet.

If I order a texas model Y performance somehow (just dont want Californians building my car) can I swap in the model 3 performance wheels or the regular 19” wheels without hubcaps? If so will the range improve? Is there a way to adjust speedometer? Are both those other options for wheels the same size tires front and rear? I dont care staggered, expensive tires

Hi!
Brand new here and im not finding in search but I dont know much of the jargon here yet.

If I order a texas model Y performance somehow (just dont want Californians building my car) can I swap in the model 3 performance wheels or the regular 19” wheels without hubcaps? If so will the range improve? Is there a way to adjust speedometer? Are both those other options for wheels the same size tires front and rear? I dont care staggered, expensive tires

You cant "order a texas model Y performace". If you are on the east coast, and wait a month or so, you will likely get one from there if not, then you will get one from california. If not getting one from califorina is a thing for you, you likely need to pick a different car company.

You can buy some other size wheels to put on the car if you want to, and change the wheel size in the software in the car (which will re calculate for wheel size). You can not ORDER the car with those wheels though, not if you buy a model 3 performance. You will be buying them after delivery.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
Oh yeah I definitely dont mind waiting to make sure and gaming the residence thing to get one.
I I was wondering how much if any range improvements have by going to smaller and lighter wheels. By swap in I mean trade with or buy some outright from somewhere.

Oh yeah I definitely dont mind waiting to make sure and gaming the residence thing to get one.
I I was wondering how much if any range improvements have by going to smaller and lighter wheels. By swap in I mean trade with or buy some outright from somewhere.

You will have to wait and see if there is a way to get a Texas made car in CA, at some point in the future.

One other thing, since you are new here.

1. Posting the same thing in multiple threads is something we frown on here.
2. Its Ok to say "I love place XXX" Its not Ok here to say "I hate people from place XXX", or anything close to that. I would recommend sticking to the "I want to get a car from Texas" points, and leaving out the other part of what you said.

I didn’t want to get into this but I previously had a model Y and it was forced into a lemon law buy back because of several issues. I currently have a Mach E mustang and I really like it especially the color, ride quality and imo superior braking feel but 1) I can easily sell it for a lot more than I paid pretax credit 2) its not a GT and if I can’t have great sound from a car I find myself wanting more speed and better handling.
Quite frankly id be just as if not more happy to trade it for a Mach E GT but there just aren’t any for sale at or below msrp. My current car was bought for $1600 below sticker.

New factory or not id like the most advanced unit there is for both resale purposes and perhaps design quality advantages.

Last edited: