Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP winter rims- suggestions in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for winter setup for Model Y Performance. Wondering what rims would fit directly (ie: no spacers) and clear the brakes.
I know TSportline has options but they are quite expensive once you factor in the USD exchange rate and shipping to Toronto.
Any suggestions of what 19” or 20” rims would work?

Reactions: Umar96
Check out Fastco Wheels. They have a few sub brands like Replika and Fast Wheels. They are a Canadian company and make good quality wheels in Tesla spec. I have a set of Replika R241s on my Model Y and just received a set of Fast Wheels EV01s for my Model 3 Performance winter wheels.

Hi - I’ve been looking into rims as well. Going to go with 19’s. The one item of concern is the load weight for the rims. For the Model Y performance, after searching in the forum…to be safe for a 19inch rim you’ll need one that can handle 1800lbs at each corner. If you stick with the Replika rims, it looks to be ok as they are usually rated for 1808lbs or higher. The challenge happens when you look at other styles of 19inch rims where they are mostly rated for 1541lbs.

Good luck with your search, and please post back here on what you find.

QUESTION: has anyone ran a set of rims/tires for winter or summer WITHOUT the TPMS installed? Does the car go into a limp mode? Stop you from driving? Or does it drive fine, but have some warning lights on the screen now and then?

Thanks!

Thank you everyone for your feedback and suggestions! Very helpful.
The Replika wheels do seem like a good option. Both R241 and 267 really match the oem look.

Wondering about the TPMS as well- is it necessary? Or do you just have to live with a warning message all winter.