Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MyQ Connected Garage - Opens, but won't close garage doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did I try just using myq app(without tesla)? That would help figure out if it is myq vs tesla app issue. In my case i could repro using myq and that helped to solve the issue

MyQ by the App works flawlessly for me, it's just the Tesla integration that's inconsistent. I believe it has something to do with WiFi / Cellular switching, but that's just a theory.

Tim

Did I try just using myq app(without tesla)? That would help figure out if it is myq vs tesla app issue. In my case i could repro using myq and that helped to solve the issue
Yes I’ve used the myQ app on my phone. It also causes the opener to flash the lights and beep, but that is as designed. It is not supposed to do that from a Tesla.

I think it depends how far from my garage door I am when my car sends the close command. If I back out of the garage reeeeaalllly slowly or pause after exiting, then it seems to work better and is less likely to flash/beep. But if I reverse out a little faster (but still slowly and carefully), I may about ten feet from the garage before it tries to close, and this usually causes the flashing and beeping. Seems to be overly position-sensitive on closing.

I’ve had a problem with closing the garage door for a while now. Lately I’ve found that it I drive down the street a little (let’s say just past the neighboring townhome unit) and then hit the close button on the screen, it works. Before, I was trying to close it while just outside of the garage, and I’m guessing it was caught in the WiFi-LTE handoff. It’s worked 100% of the time since I started doing this, where it was about 50-50 before

• Informative
Reactions: TBrownTX
Now running 2023.44.1 and somewhere along the way, MyQ has drastically improved. I do need to go to the end of my driveway to get the door to close immediately and without the flashing lights, if I am closer than that, or don't wait more than say 4-5 seconds, the lights flash but the door still closes every time. At this point I'm happy with the performance, and I'm glad they have continued to tweak and tune the functionality.