Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MyQ disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I pulled into my driveway yesterday in my 2023 MY, the garage door open/close appeared on my screen, then it disappeared, by that I mean I no longer had the house icon showing up on my screen. I then went to my phone to use their app to open the garage and noticed I needed for some reason to log back in, which I did later in the day when I had time to mess with it. Now I can open/close the door with my phone but the door open/close on my car screen is nowhere to be found. I did a hard reboot of the car, that didn’t help. Went to the user manual, clicked on the QR code to sync my phone/account with the car, that didn’t work. I checked my MyQ subscription, it’s good until 2028 so that wasn’t the issue.

At this point I no longer have garage door control from the car, only from my phone. Anyone have an idea what happened to my little house icon that I use to click to access the door open/close function?

TIA/

This has happened to me once or twice. As I recall, you have to go into MyQ settings in the car and re-set the location of your garage door. Then the icon shows up again when you’re near home.
Under the heading of nothing is easy anymore, after a little web work and guesswork I think I got it to work. So thank you for putting me on the right path. I had a MyQ garage door opener before I swapped my M3 for the MY so I got lucky but I will never forgive Tesla for not having a HomeLink option when I configured the car so that now I have to take it to a not close service center to have one installed so I can use it in many cases that don’t support MyQ. Not to mention that it has never worked right, I would say 50+% of the time I pull up to my garage and get a connection error or I pull out of the garage and it doesn’t close so I have to do it with my phone. A rant, I apologize, it seems to be working correctly now, thank you again for helping me fix an annoying issue