Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mysterious Model 3 Unlocking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you realize it's unlocked? If you walk to your car with your phone in your pocket and try to open the door, it will unlock at that moment. It doesn't mean it was unlocked already. You can only really know if the car was locked by looking at the app, or by trying to open the door with your cell phone left in the house, far away.

Alternatively, have you configured the "do not lock at home" option of walk away locking?

I sometimes inadvertently touch the window controls as I open my door. It happened a few times that I didn't realize it as I was leaving the car, only to see it the next morning. Use the "windows open" notification from the app to realize this sooner and go close them.

If all of these comments don't apply to you, then I second Gasaraki's comment.

Upvote 0
Infrequently and unbidden, my 2021 Model 3 is found unlocked in the morning, occasionally with one or more windows partially open. Any ideas?

Need way more information to even make a guess.

Do you have a key fob? Where do you park (an enclosed garage? In the driveway of your single family home? A condo parking lot?). Where do you store your phone?

unlocked and window partially down, on a wild guess, seems like the "unlock" command was held down.

Upvote 0
Did you check your panel gaps? Sometimes it they are too big the Tesla gnomes like to sneak in and party in your car if unoccupied.

In all seriousness, sounds like the unlock button has been held as JJ mentioned. Could be from phone app in pocket or if you have kids who like to play on your phone/fob (if applicable).

Upvote 0