Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nagshead charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the way down I stoped at Harris Teeters to charge up before heading down to Frisco. The weather the first week was great but, by second Monday the word was out to evacuate. We left Tuesday and headed home. You can now charge at the Mall that is just North of the Ferry Terminal and take the walk on Ferry to Ocracoke. Made our reservations for next year before we left.

I always do a dinner at the INN on Pamlico Sound, Steve, had the Tesla destination chargers put in 4 years ago and they have made going down to Frisco a pleasant trip without the hassle of needing to charge on a 110 line all the time. I have been burning the ears of the Real Estate agents down there for the past four years, trying to get them to encourage the owners to start putting in 220 lines. Put in a 220 line I'll be happy to pay the extra electric that I use. In mater office take out the hot tub that we don't use.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Interesting that you're talking to real estate agents. Have you also spoken with any owners?

I own a rental beach home near Pawleys Island SC. I installed a Clipper Creek charger there for 2 reasons. One reason was for me to use it when we were there. The second reason was that it might make the house more attractive to EV owners. When I approached our rental agency about this, they told me that NOBODY had ever asked about EV charging. Nevertheless, we had them include this capability on our listing. And I entered it in Plugshare. We've not had one speck of interest. I can only speculate that other owners are not seeing the return on this investment.

We are beginning to see some more destination chargers pop up. The last one to be installed is at the Ferry in Hattears Village.
Same problems, the chargers are iced most of the time. Two rental properties now have Tesla chargers on Osprey Way. Now that
more Tesla's are making it down to Buxton, Frisco and Hattears Village it will just be a matter time that Property owners will start running
220 lines to the areas under the house. I figure that I use 10.00 maybe $15.00 burins the time I'm at the rental. Would be moar then happy
to pay that in an extra fee if the owner put in a 220 out let of some type.

The INN on PAMLICO SOUND does benefit form the Tesla charger that was installed 4 years ago. Not only do Tesla owners stay at the INN
we now stop in for breakfast and dinners when down on vacation.

If a few more Tesla owners called Midget Realty and asked if any of there rentals had chargers we would see more owners opting to add
a nema 14/50 outlet to their rental.