Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nagshead charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In OBX now. Destination HPWC charger at the Sanderling x 1 and waterfront shops x 3. Of course, a supercharger is very much appreciated! Coming from DC and we usually stop at the Norfolk supercharger, but try to spend as little time there as possible (unless we decide we desperately need to shop at one of the 5 crap hole shoe stores in that god forsaken strip mall). This is very welcoming.

In OBX now. Destination HPWC charger at the Sanderling x 1 and waterfront shops x 3. Of course, a supercharger is very much appreciated! Coming from DC and we usually stop at the Norfolk supercharger, but try to spend as little time there as possible (unless we decide we desperately need to shop at one of the 5 crap hole shoe stores in that god forsaken strip mall). This is very welcoming.
Exactly. Looking forward to recalculating things to be able to supercharge at KDH on our way to Hatteras!

Doesn’t Tesla typically update their Supercharger locations basically in real-time once they go live? I checked the Navigation this morning and this Supercharger is still not showing up on the map.

Has anyone else confirmed that this SC is active?

Doesn’t Tesla typically update their Supercharger locations basically in real-time once they go live? I checked the Navigation this morning and this Supercharger is still not showing up on the map.

Has anyone else confirmed that this SC is active?
It usually takes a few days after Tesla finishes commissioning a site for it to show up on the in-car navigation. Then usually up to 2 weeks after that (and sometimes longer) for it to show on the website map with a red pin. But those timelines occasionally get stretched out for one reason or another. Or the sites could have power and be able to charge cars, but not totally finished being commissioned yet. Remember, this is Tesla. There's not much visibility into or communication of the exact status of anything with them. :D

It usually takes a few days after Tesla finishes commissioning a site for it to show up on the in-car navigation. Then usually up to 2 weeks after that (and sometimes longer) for it to show on the website map with a red pin. But those timelines occasionally get stretched out for one reason or another. Or the sites could have power and be able to charge cars, but not totally finished being commissioned yet. Remember, this is Tesla. There's not much visibility into or communication of the exact status of anything with them. :D

Right! That is actually my exact concern. We are traveling to the OBX this weekend and it would be really beneficial to have this SC fully operational for our trip. My fear is Tesla could turn it up/down at their discretion without any advertisement in doing so. It could put us in a little bit of a bind with two small children if we had to find other charging options for the trip.

And to close the loop on my above post, Tesla has finally removed Point Harbor from the ‘coming soon’ map. Was making a check since we were supposed to be going down this weekend but seriously doubt it. Probably take a while to put all the pieces back together after Dorian!

Best wishes to any locals or those with local interests.

Reactions: OBX John
And to close the loop on my above post, Tesla has finally removed Point Harbor from the ‘coming soon’ map. Was making a check since we were supposed to be going down this weekend but seriously doubt it. Probably take a while to put all the pieces back together after Dorian!

Best wishes to any locals or those with local interests.

Northern beaches came through pretty well. Everything south of Oregon Inlet got hammered though.

Reactions: boaterva
Northern beaches came through pretty well. Everything south of Oregon Inlet got hammered though.
Yeah, what I’m seeing on Wx Twitter. Hatteras still closed to everyone; assuming we’ll get our vacation cost back from travel insurance (same as last year lol, time to pick a different month!) and will donate much of it to relief efforts. Hatteras and Ocracoke in a bad way. :(

Reactions: OBX John