Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nail in the tire!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I bought my M3, on the way home I stopped at Discount Tire and bought a tire warranty. As a previous poster said, it is basically tire insurance. But I live in an area of house construction and there are nails and screws everywhere. Already got one, but got lucky. You don't need any special tire to replace with. Telsa has this sound deadening foam inside the tire that drives up the cost and availability. You don't need it if you don't want it.

So my learning from tire plugs was that once I plugged it, no one would touch it. I had a diy plug that leaked and thought I’d get it fixed properly with the patch on the inside. No major chain would touch it. I finally just replugged it.

Here’s what I will use from now on, if at all possible to avoid that no-repairing-plugs disaster at tire shops. Easier to put in than a plug too.

NORSHIRE Tire Repair Nail,Self-Tapping Screw,Tire Repair Kits,Tire Screw Plug,Tire Repair Rubber Nail,Tire Fix,Suitable for car, Motorcycle, ATV, Jeep, Truck, Tractor tire Puncture Repair https://a.co/d/6E3heCj

Reactions: ciscolangot