Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nail in Tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is keeping you from taking your car to literally any tire shop to have it either patched or replaced?

true i could do that - but for now I have another car of a family members' I can use for now. I asked costco and they said because of the inner foam liner that is on these tires they will not perform a tire repair.

Will other shops repair the foam liner tires?

true i could do that - but for now I have another car of a family members' I can use for now. I asked costco and they said because of the inner foam liner that is on these tires they will not perform a tire repair.

Will other shops repair the foam liner tires?
Cybergates, I current have an inside patch on 3 of my 4 ties and one tire has 2 patches, these tires aren't anything special. The so called foam is cheap and easy to cut away. Once they do the patch they can use just a bit of the same adhesive that they did the patch with to stick the foam back on. The last patch they did for me we didn't even put the foam piece back in. I received my very first nail when the tires were only had 350 miles, they currently have 32k on them and in another 1 or 2k will need to be replaced. Just like most people the first time this happens in a bit nerve racking because it seems like a mystery on these tires. Like I said they aren't anything special once you see touch the foam.

• Informative
Reactions: cybergates
so, tesla service replied when I made an appt to say you can walk into any tesla (so-cal area) to get a flat repair done the same day WITHOUT an appt! I will try this on monday to see if they can fix it the same day at the local tesla dealer and report back.

The nail is right in the middle of the tread pattern (not sidewall etc) so it looks to me as totally fixable and the tires have excellent tread as they're fairly new.

update: can walk-in to any tesla so said Palm Springs / Cathedral City Tesla and I didn't need an appt so they said. they patched it in under 2 hrs at $70. I coulda gone to any tire store but I kinda wanted tesla to do it.

The tesla out there in the desert is not as crazy busy as the OC ones like Buena park or Costa Mesa. Hardly anyone there and I barely saw in Tesla's out there in Palm Springs....

My autopilot stopped working after the service and they said there's a known issue near the Palm Springs Airport on Gene Autry Drive (something about Air traffic communications that disrupts autopilot as I kept getting "Auto Lane change unavailable or Autopilot cameras unavailable" - they took it back and reset something and all is good now - he said it likely would have corrected itself overnight when the car goes to deep sleep.