TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Nashville Downtown Supercharger

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by Zcar, Jun 21, 2018.

1. tpedwards

tpedwards Member

Does having a permit already help? Or are delays due to inspections?

Any likely candidates for contractors?

2. Ticobird

Ticobird Lovin the Tesla Life

That doesn't sound good. I suppose we can hope Tesla got involved in the permitting process months ago. Do you have the ability to determine how far along Tesla's permitting with regard to this Supercharger location has progressed?

3. Ebony Star

Ebony Star Member

Anybody checked 1033 Demonbreun St, nashville, tn recently?

4. jdeskins

jdeskins Member

I drove through all levels of the parking garage on Wednesday (10/24) and didn't see any signs of construction or equipment waiting to be installed.

5. Hey_Hey

Hey_Hey Member

I wish they would get started on this. The Brentwood SC is essentially always fully occupied during the day and early evening at this point. We need the extra capacity.

6. JPWhite

JPWhite Member

The Tesla SC map now shows this location as 2019, so more Summer 2018. Something is boogering up the process.

7. Zcar

Zcar Member

For what it's worth, the site was inspected by codes on 12/7 and "Approved" regarding "Commercial Building Progress". Haven't been able to check the site in quite some time, but hopefully someone can see if this relates to any tangible progress.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  8. JimAHSVX

JimAHSVX New Member

Good news on the approval. I checked it a in early November and no progress. I will try to check again soon.

• Informative x 1
  9. Red5StandingBy

Drove by today. No change.

10. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

That's likely the check for the 6 month time limit on the issued permit. It was issued June 19th, so 6 months would be December 19th. Here's what the codes say about needing to have demonstrated progress in that time period:
    Either there was some tangible progress noted or Tesla applied for and received some sort of extension.

• Informative x 1
  11. NashEVGuy

NashEVGuy New Member

I have business in this building and am there fairly frequently. Was there today, as a matter of fact. It is in a safe area, lots of tourists, many points of interest, and a particularly nice restaurant in the same complex (Milk and Honey). Not a huge amount of very late night activity right nearby, but definitely lots of dinnertime/evening activity.

I didn't see any evidence of construction in the garage, but I was only on floors 1-3 of the parking garage.

Regarding the difficulty in getting down to the first level, not sure if people understand that there are two entrances into the parking garage. The one off of Demonbreun is at level 5. If you enter off of 11th, you are entering on level 3. Milk and Honey is adjacent to this entrance on 11th. I frequently drive down to level 1 for more open spaces and to reduce the likelihood of door dings. Not too tough.

One thing that concerns about that particular complex is that they have some spaces marked as reserved for EV/LEV vehicles. Not enforced at all. Minivans, trucks, SUVs, you name it. The benefit of the SC being on level 1 could be that folks won't spend the time to drive down there. Level 1 usually has open spaces.

gulchparking.png

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 1
  12. NashEVGuy

NashEVGuy New Member

Last week, I drove through all 5 floors of the garage at 1033 Demonbreun St. where the Supercharger is to be installed. Unfortunately, I did not see any evidence of any construction on any of the floors.

13. BNABryan

BNABryan Member

Has anyone seen any progress over the last 10 weeks? I hope the silver lining to this delay is v3 superchargers when it opens.

• Like x 1
  14. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

The plans we know about call for the 72 kW Urban Superchargers. And given the location, you can pretty much count on its staying that way.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  15. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

No movement yet on the permit that I can see. Though we probably shouldn't really expect to see anything until construction starts and inspections start happening. Anyways, I'm really just posting to include direct links to the permits in the thread as I just had some difficulty finding them again. Turns out that they aren't listed under the Demonbreun St. address of the garage, but rather under an address on 11th Ave (the cross street), which I had forgotten.

Nashville Building Permit #: CACN 2018016409
    Electrical Permit #: CAEL 2018039729

16. Mxyl

Mxyl Member

I drove through the entire parking structure today....and nothing is under construction yet on any level. ☹️ Chop chop people!

17. Nashville Tez

Nashville Tez New Member

The unofficial supercharger app changed the status of this location from "permit" to "construction". Anyone have any updates on the progress?

18. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

You're in Nashville. Do you mind going on a quick reconnaissance mission for the community? :)

Welcome aboard!

19. tpedwards

tpedwards Member

Screenshot please. I am looking at Supercharge.info and it still shows a blue dot (Permit). Where are you seeing something different?

20. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

I just checked the online permits (linked up thread), and there hasn't been any activity since December 2018. Which may be suggestive but isn't quite definitive. It's possible that construction has started or will start soon but they haven't yet gotten to the point where they'd need an inspection which, in terms of activity, is what the online permits would show. So, I think the only way to immediately tell will be if someone physically goes by the garage and looks for signs.

They're talking about something different. I think it's an iOS (and maybe Android) app called "Superchargers" and isn't affiliated with Supercharge.info.