Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nashville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to a Chargepoint installer today at drive electric week meting at statdium. Chargepoint had talked to gulch crossing about charging stations, they were talking about putting stations on the bottom level. Host chose Tesla instead. Hopefully they have been encouraged to put them on a better level.

Tesla is going to run into major headaches with metro codes and permitting. I have been involved in construction projects recently and the codes department is simply overrun with new construction. There are delays happening that are best measured in months.

Tesla is going to run into major headaches with metro codes and permitting. I have been involved in construction projects recently and the codes department is simply overrun with new construction. There are delays happening that are best measured in months.
That doesn't sound good. I suppose we can hope Tesla got involved in the permitting process months ago. Do you have the ability to determine how far along Tesla's permitting with regard to this Supercharger location has progressed?

For what it's worth, the site was inspected by codes on 12/7 and "Approved" regarding "Commercial Building Progress". Haven't been able to check the site in quite some time, but hopefully someone can see if this relates to any tangible progress.
That's likely the check for the 6 month time limit on the issued permit. It was issued June 19th, so 6 months would be December 19th. Here's what the codes say about needing to have demonstrated progress in that time period:
Any building permit issued shall become invalid unless the work authorized by it shall have been commenced within six (6) months after the date of issuance, or if the work authorized by such permit is suspended or abandoned for a period of one (1) year after its issuance provided that for cause: if work authorized by it is sufficiently under way and is being diligently pursued, one or more extensions of time, for periods not exceeding ninety (90) days each, may be allowed in writing by the Director.

Either there was some tangible progress noted or Tesla applied for and received some sort of extension.

• Informative
Reactions: Red5StandingBy
I have business in this building and am there fairly frequently. Was there today, as a matter of fact. It is in a safe area, lots of tourists, many points of interest, and a particularly nice restaurant in the same complex (Milk and Honey). Not a huge amount of very late night activity right nearby, but definitely lots of dinnertime/evening activity.

I didn't see any evidence of construction in the garage, but I was only on floors 1-3 of the parking garage.

Regarding the difficulty in getting down to the first level, not sure if people understand that there are two entrances into the parking garage. The one off of Demonbreun is at level 5. If you enter off of 11th, you are entering on level 3. Milk and Honey is adjacent to this entrance on 11th. I frequently drive down to level 1 for more open spaces and to reduce the likelihood of door dings. Not too tough.

One thing that concerns about that particular complex is that they have some spaces marked as reserved for EV/LEV vehicles. Not enforced at all. Minivans, trucks, SUVs, you name it. The benefit of the SC being on level 1 could be that folks won't spend the time to drive down there. Level 1 usually has open spaces.

gulchparking.png

No movement yet on the permit that I can see. Though we probably shouldn't really expect to see anything until construction starts and inspections start happening. Anyways, I'm really just posting to include direct links to the permits in the thread as I just had some difficulty finding them again. Turns out that they aren't listed under the Demonbreun St. address of the garage, but rather under an address on 11th Ave (the cross street), which I had forgotten.

Nashville Building Permit #: CACN 2018016409
Electrical Permit #: CAEL 2018039729