Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Natural Resources Canada EV Charging Announcement Dec 7th 1pm EST

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is very interesting. I didn't know that. Maybe it is Tesla related then!

What a middle finger to Tesla-hating Dougie that would be! You can bet he'll be scrambling to be as obstructive as possible if it is.

Could also be that Tesla Superchargers are just nice eye-candy for a broader vehicle charging announcement. Looking back at NRCan stuff, is this L3 rollout on the trans-Canada highway actually in progress? They announced that a good while back - Leclanché, eCAMION and SGEM to Build and Operate Network of 34 Electric Vehicle Fast-Charging Stations Along Trans-Canada Highway

What a middle finger to Tesla-hating Dougie that would be! You can bet he'll be scrambling to be as obstructive as possible if it is.

Could also be that Tesla Superchargers are just nice eye-candy for a broader vehicle charging announcement. Looking back at NRCan stuff, is this L3 rollout on the trans-Canada highway actually in progress? They announced that a good while back - Leclanché, eCAMION and SGEM to Build and Operate Network of 34 Electric Vehicle Fast-Charging Stations Along Trans-Canada Highway
...and where are they? Yeah. I'll believe that will happen when I see it. Just like Tesla's promises to have their Superchargers up and running on the Trans-Canada by the end of this year. I must note the Supercharger in Winnipeg pin has been coming "this year" for four or five years now.

That is also where the L3 charger are as well.

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC
Interesting that the announcement event will take place at CF Toronto Eaton Centre Bay and Dundas Parkade P2. I believe P2 is where the Toronto Supercharger is located

Yup, there's 8 stalls on P2 and 8 stalls on P3. It's in the back of the level with everything looking all nice, white, and clean with "Tesla" painted in large letters on the wall behind them. Whatever they're announcing it must have something to do with Tesla because it'll be impossible not to have their name and logo in any images or videos taken.

What do you want to bet they'll end up blocking off the whole section on P2 so that nobody can charge there while they make their announcement? Of course, that Supercharger is pretty low-use from what I've seen, so odds are it won't be too much of an inconvenience.

FUD - Theory - Oshawa plant to be converted to build Power Walls and Solar Panels - Buffalo Plant over capacity.

I know this is just for fun. But in all seriousness, in Ontario and Canada we need to reduce our economic dependency on oil and increase it in renewable tech, development, and manufacturing IMO. I'd love to see that huge plant get transformed into a hub for green tech.

Thats all we need.... to be bum rushed by Nissan leafs and volts.... No thanks

All the reason to build more Superchargers so that everyone can be accommodated. Plus, Tesla could be compensated if other manufacturers partner with them to use the technology.

Yup.. a whole lot of nothing.... Just an announcement about the official opening of the 100th EV fast charger at Eaton Centre.

Canada Invests in Cleaner Transportation and Celebrates 100th EV fast charger in Toronto - Canada.ca

Well I think that's actually good news! Now, onward to 1,000 and beyond. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: GlenM