Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autopilot randomly switching off and on rapidly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I‘m on FSD Beta 2022.12.3.20, and recently I’ve noticed Navigate on Autopilot randomly going into a very rapid series of switching itself off (with a “Navigate on Autopilot Unavailable” message), then switching itself back on, then off, then on, and finally staying off, which in this case means the car is just driving on adaptive cruise.

The sequence is so rapid that the disengagement and re-engagement beeps are continuous— BING BING BING bing bing bing BING BING BING…

This problem happens at random times; it doesn’t seem to be related to whatever stretch of road I’m on. The sequence may stop with NOA engaged, but most often it’s disengaged.

Is this a known issue, like the many spurious “Park Assist Unavailable“ messages I also get?

Sounds like a definite hardware problem. Can you confirm that GPS is working well? Does it show your car exactly where it should be on the map when driving? If GPS isn't working correctly, and the car thinks it's going from a freeway/highway to a city street, and then back again rapidly, you'll experience what you described.

When you experience the problem, press the voice button on your wheel and say "bug report". Note the date/time, and then open a service ticket and let the techs know you have a report of the issue so they can diagnose the telemetry from the car.