TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Navigation Speech impediment?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by kartini, May 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kartini

kartini New Member

Does anyone else have a Model S whose Nav system has a speech impediment? Mine puts a "D" in front of every vowel, for example "Albertson Road" is "Dalbertson Road", or "turn left at Damson Lane" for Amson Lane.

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Didn't hear that when I had my demo car, but I would be interested in knowing if anyone knows what actual voice is used. Is this the classic Samantha voice or something else (those in Interactive Voice Response will know well what I'm talking about (no pun intended)). In some GPS systems you can pick the voice you want (male/female/type), and Samantha is one of the most used as the default in EN/us (English/United States).

A roundabout-relevance to the OP: perhaps if if the country was set incorrectly, the 'accent' could sound like that, but that's a long shot.