TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Navigation zoom while still seeing % estimate when arriving at destination

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by clicketyclack, Jan 24, 2019.

1. clicketyclack

clicketyclack Member

Currently when I swipe down on the navigation to see the estimated % battery I will have upon arrival the map zooms out. Was curious if there was a way to have the map zoomed in and still see the % battery estimate.

• Like x 2
  2. clicketyclack

clicketyclack Member

does anyone else have this issue?

3. srjinatl

srjinatl Member

I think that is just the way it works - I am going off memory - but I believe that is how mine has worked since day 1 of owning the car.

4. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

When you swipe down line that you're telling the nav software you want to review the whole route, so it shows you both the full list of steps to come and the complete trip map.

5. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

There is a way to make it show the zoomed in map while displaying percent, but it's tricky.

While Supercharging, but before you have enough to make it to your next destination, click on the map orientation button to make it either North Up or Heading Up, whichever you prefer. Then, click on CONTINUE TRIP. This will give you the step-by-step directions with estimated arrival state of charge while showing you the zoomed in map.

Note: if you back out of this view, you won't be able to get it back until you charge again.

• Like x 2
  6. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

It seems to zoom the map to show all the points listed. If you have the number of points decreased, then you are zoomed in close, expand the list and you zoom out.

7. clicketyclack

clicketyclack Member

Thanks guys. I'll try the supercharging trick. I tend to use navigation on longer road trips and having an easy way to do this would be very nice.

• Like x 1
  8. APotatoGod

APotatoGod Member

Similarly, I'm annoyed by being unable to see the "heading up" view, while also seeing all upcoming steps (in addition to the estimated remaining %), it's frustrating to be forced to use only one of these views at a time, I hope they fix this behavior soon

• Like x 2
  9. clicketyclack

clicketyclack Member

good to know i'm not the only one!

• Like x 1
  10. Need

Need Active Member

I don't think I know anyone who loves the new steps hidden function.. some are okay with it.. but most hated it. It is always good to see the next 3 or 4 steps and the keep an eye on the estimated arrival charge...

• Like x 1