Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska, OPPD Douglas County, $4500/$500 Rebate Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I would start a new thread, apart from the Nebraska thread, to focus on the OPPD Douglas County Rebate. I have a Model 3 on order and have been postponing it while waiting for AWD and standard battery. Given this rebate potential, I am considering ordering as soon as AWD comes out (within the next month maybe???) and going with the larger battery, insuring I get the $7500 fed tax cred and hoping to get the $4500 OPPD credit.

I have two NEMA 14-50 outlets in my garage, one for my Model S and one for the future Model 3. Given that I have the NEMA 14-50 outlet, does anyone know, can I use a $10 to $20 adapter to plug the plug-in ChargePoint charger (therefore not needing an electrician)? And how would one hang the charger on the wall then?

I am thinking, given that there are only 600 EVs registered at this point in all of Nebraska, I might have a chance to get the rebate IF I could get my Model 3 in two to three months. Thoughts?

Not sure if you've already been driving a BEV, but I highly doubt you will regret having the bigger battery. I realize there's a big cost difference but it really comes in handy unless you are only using it as a commuter car within your hometown. For even short road trips the bigger battery is a huge help.

Plus EV,
I have had my Model S 85D for a bit over three years. I agree: bigger battery is better (and more expensive). For a commuter, not so important. If Tesla goes over 200,000 US cars in July, the full 7500 fed tax credit will run out at the end of this year. That changes what to wait for on a Tesla.

Anyone tried for the $4500 rebate? I am waiting to order my Model 3 with AWD and hope to try when it arrives. It will be interesting to see if one could also get the $200 NPPD rebate.

From the other thread I think I'm the closest one and I'm waiting on a VIN (configured on the 5th).

I think everyone else that has posted has either already gotten theirs, don't live in Douglas county, or are still waiting to configure like you.

I just ordered mine also. Decided to go ahead with AWD since they lowered the price and the delivery time frame is the same as RWD. I'm going with red with the sport wheels. I'm so glad that they opened it up to everyone, so that hopefully we can get in on the free internet connectivity. But, they did move my delivery time back. I was already Aug.-Oct., my estimate after configuring is now Sept.-Nov. So, it's pushed back another month at least. I hope I can get both rebates! That is another part of what helped me justify AWD (and I think it will come in handy getting out of my neighborhood on snowy days.)
So excited!!

Also got availability to order. Going to wait until May of 2019. I realize I may be losing out on the extra $3750 tax credit, but I'm hoping that may be made up by them breaking out some of the premium upgrades I have no desire to pay extra for. And I say "maybe losing out" because if I'm currently given a October-December time window, there is probably at least a 30% chance that my delivery wouldn't happen until after New Year's, Elon-time and all. Also, I highly doubt the OPPD rebate will still be around in November or December.

I just need to pretend I haven't got the invite yet and I won't be bummed out, haha.

I just ordered mine also. Decided to go ahead with AWD since they lowered the price and the delivery time frame is the same as RWD. I'm going with red with the sport wheels. I'm so glad that they opened it up to everyone, so that hopefully we can get in on the free internet connectivity. But, they did move my delivery time back. I was already Aug.-Oct., my estimate after configuring is now Sept.-Nov. So, it's pushed back another month at least. I hope I can get both rebates! That is another part of what helped me justify AWD (and I think it will come in handy getting out of my neighborhood on snowy days.)
So excited!!
I waited with the Model S for AWD, and have been glad ever since. I have driven RWD Model Ss and I like mine with AWD better. Obviously, there have been many (thousands?) sold with rear wheel drive in snowy areas (Northern Europe) and they are find. I just like AWD very much. It has amazing gripping power and lack of slipping. And, of course, it was a nice surprise at $4000 since I had seen $5000 listed somewhere. I am sure you will enjoy the traction of AWD.

I have two NEMA 14-50 outlets in my garage, one for my Model S and one for the future Model 3. Given that I have the NEMA 14-50 outlet, does anyone know, can I use a $10 to $20 adapter to plug the plug-in ChargePoint charger (therefore not needing an electrician)? And how would one hang the charger on the wall then?

You can get a chargepoint charger that has a plug that will go into the NEMA 14-50 outlet. It's one of the options on Amazon. Then Tesla ships the car with an adapter so that you can plug the chargepoint cable into your car.

Haha, wow. No point in even giving facts or logic to those sort of people. The same people will wonder why they can't afford a Tesla when they waste all their money on gas and similar things that are a stupid-tax.
I read the responses, and it reminded me of the same things. I wanted to check out the facts and post them, because I believe no money from OPPD is going for this, it was by the sponsor. But it seemed like a waste of time to state the facts. At least for the nay-sayers who were being so negative and who didn't bother to find out if what they were saying had any truth to it. Sigh.