Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Help: Car got damaged by Towing service from Tesla Roadside Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
Please advise, I need your help.
I had my 2018 Model S towed to Tesla Service center in Centinela at the beginning of this year by the Tesla Roadside service for a problem from the brake that caused the car not being able to drive, and after the service I found out that the Chrome section around the Tesla Emblem and the front bumper area right under the V shape of the T emblem were damaged. I contacted the service center at Centinela and they kept postpone and delay, now they agreed to fix and will only cover the cost of part and labor for new front bumper trim peace and a new Tesla "T" badge, but they don't want to cover for the cost of the bumper. They accepted to fix it partially but not fully. Please let me know where and who should I talk to? Thanks.
Daniel

Be thankful they’re willing to pay for anything. The contract states they aren’t liable for any damages from towing etc. remember Tesla isn’t towing your vehicle. Roadside just has deals with local tow companies to tow our cars on flatbeds or provide services.

I always take pics of my car as it’s going on the flatbed. Once it’s on it as it leaves me. If I get it back differently then you have a case to go after the tow company. But not 8 months after the fact.

Thanks all for your advise!
I did contact The Service Center right after the incident happened, but they delayed, postponed, promised to call me back, then we got Covid-19 issue. All communications were on text messages with pictures, and with multiple times asking them to schedule the appointment to have them fixed. They have the logs of communication on this matter since after my first contact with them on this matter.
The car had the brake issue at night time after 7 PM, when my wife was on her way home, she cannot brake the car, so she had to drive back to the office per instruction of the Tesla Roadside assistance and left the car at the parking lot for towing service. This was the first time ever happened to the car. She left the parking lot since it was dark there, and the towing company came later, and took a long time to bring the car to the service center which was not far from my wife's office.
Do they really have a contract stating that they have no liable for the damages caused by towing service?
Hi Alysashley79, may I ask where can I find that contract?
Thanks!