Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help testing charge cable and port in WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on a road trip from Denver to Seattle (currently in Lewiston, ID), off the beaten path. Either my port or my cable is wonky, it drops to 30amp and/or stops frequently now. I had some supercharger issues early in the trip when it was 0°F but those seemed to resolve after it warmed up. Road warrior with over 250k miles under my belt in a Tesla so very familiar with what it should and shouldn't do. it would be nice to try someone else's cable for 15 minutes if you are willing. Going to order parts and have them meet me in Seattle. Other suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

I'm on a road trip from Denver to Seattle (currently in Lewiston, ID), off the beaten path. Either my port or my cable is wonky, it drops to 30amp and/or stops frequently now. I had some supercharger issues early in the trip when it was 0°F but those seemed to resolve after it warmed up. Road warrior with over 250k miles under my belt in a Tesla so very familiar with what it should and shouldn't do. it would be nice to try someone else's cable for 15 minutes if you are willing. Going to order parts and have them meet me in Seattle. Other suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.
You could also try using your cable on someone else's Tesla.

Sounds frustrating. Maybe stop at a hotel along the way with a Tesla destination charger. If the power is high enough you could find out before you get to Seattle.

You probably ordered the right parts, but it would feel better to confirm sooner.