Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need inspection help in New Orleans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I live in southern CA and have been lurking on this forum for the past year as the lease for my Chevy Spark EV winds down. I've learned so much from all of you, and will hopefully be joining the Tesla community soon with the purchase of a used Model S85 from a seller in New Orleans.

Unfortunately, I've just had knee surgery and cannot travel for the next month. Rather than buying sight unseen, I'm wondering if there is a knowledgeable Tesla owner in the New Orleans area who could take a look at the car on my behalf. I'd be happy to pay this person for their time. (Apparently, the nearest Tesla service center is 350 miles away in Houston, so having Tesla look at the car isn't an option.)

Thank you and best wishes,
Derrick

Reactions: Electricious
I live near Burbank. Sorry to hear about the knee surgery. I had one done a few years ago and it took me a full year to recover.

I've looked at out of state Teslas too, but they have always been near a Tesla Service center.

Hope you find a guy and best of luck with your purchase!

Hi everyone,

I live in southern CA and have been lurking on this forum for the past year as the lease for my Chevy Spark EV winds down. I've learned so much from all of you, and will hopefully be joining the Tesla community soon with the purchase of a used Model S85 from a seller in New Orleans.

Unfortunately, I've just had knee surgery and cannot travel for the next month. Rather than buying sight unseen, I'm wondering if there is a knowledgeable Tesla owner in the New Orleans area who could take a look at the car on my behalf. I'd be happy to pay this person for their time. (Apparently, the nearest Tesla service center is 350 miles away in Houston, so having Tesla look at the car isn't an option.)

Thank you and best wishes,
Derrick

I believe that Tesla has a ranger in the New Orleans / Baton Rouge area. You could call Tesla direct or check with the service center in Houston. They usually charge $3/mile but that is your best bet if you want a qualified opinion.